part 97 // advice

sounds of steady knocking on his bedroom door is what breaks jimin out of his thoughts, turning his head to see who it is. his mother stood with a bowl in her hands, confusion on her face. "jimin ah, dinners ready. i called you twice already." his mother explains, setting his food on his nearby desk. jimin had expected her to be angry at him for not coming down, but she didnt seem the least bit angry with him. jimin hummed lowly, "sorry. finishing homework."

his mother sighed lightly, noticing that no schoolwork was out or around her son. "do you want to tell me whats really going on?" she asked gently, taking a seat beside jimin on his bed. jimin closed his eyes, his head tilted upwards. his mother raised her hand to place it on his back, comfortingly rubbing it up and down in a slow, even pace. "you can tell me anything, you know." she said a couple minutes later, when jimin still hadnt responded.

jimin nodded slowly, "i know. just trying to find the right words." he muttered to her, eyes still shut. his hands trembled in his lap as he tried to keep them from shaking. his mother just continued to soothingly rub his back, just like she had when he was a child. jimin leaned into her slightly, "i think im in love with yoongi." he finally uttered, making his mothers hand on his back stutter for only a mere second.

jimin opened his eyes, to find a knowing smile sitting on his mothers face. "i know." she said to him, eyes soft and understanding, as if she had known even before jimin himself (which she actually had). suddenly jimin had the urge to cry, tears quickly piling in the corners of his eyes. his mother pulled him into her, wrapping her warm arms around jimins body in a way that made jimin feel like he was seven again, and he had just scraped his knee.

"its okay, jiminie, really." she said to him in the same, even tone her voice always held. jimin inhaled a shaky breath, nodding only once. when jimin pulled away from her embrace, she spoke up again. "did you tell him yet?" she asked gently, not wanting to see him cry anymore. jimin sighed loudly, "no." he whispered, swallowing the lump in his throat. jimin honestly didnt even know why he had been crying, he just suddenly couldnt help it.

"you should." she told him, nodding her head for reassurance, "when the time is right." she added before jimin could say anything. jimin didnt respond for a few minutes, his mind cluttered with too many thoughts at once. jimins mother suddenly kissed his forehead, before standing. "dont worry too much, sweetheart. everything will work out in time. and if he loves you back, great! if not, then it just wasnt meant to be." she told him lovingly, waiting for him to nod before turning to leave.

"but if i come back in here and find out you havent eaten yet, so help me young man i will force feed you." his mother chuckled, though her voice was stern and serious. jimin knew how much his mother and yoongi would want him to eat, so he finally forced himself to do it. ringing coming from his phone made jimin jump in his place, incoming call from; yoongi. jimin took a long breath, before picking up.

"hello?" jimins weak voice said into the receiver, even though he already knew who it was. "jimin? jimin, hey! do you wanna come down to the beach with me really quick? i have to take pictures of the sunset for my photography class." yoongi explained, though he would only have to ask for jimin to say yes. jimin nodded, before remembering that yoongi couldnt see him. "sure." he quickly responded, his heart thumping.

yoongi told him he'd be there soon, before promptly ending their call. jimin scrambled to pull on his shoes, jumping around to find his sweatshirt. "omma, can i go out tonight? yoongis picking me up!" jimin called out to his mother as he walked down the stairs. jimins mother emerged from the kitchen, apron still strapped to her body. "where you guys off to?" she asked simply. "beach." jimin answered as he finally found the sweatshirt he had been searching for.

his mother nodded to him, "go on, honey, just be home before eleven, alright?" she told him, earning a quick okay! from jimin before he bolted out the door. turns out jimin didnt really have to rush so much, seeing as he sat on his porch for a good five minutes before yoongis car finally came into view. once he pulled up, jimin quickly jogged to the vehicle, pulling the door open. "hey!" yoongi greeted as jimin climbed inside, a smile tugging at his lips.

jimin stayed silent for most of the car ride, his hands clasped together in his lap to calm his nerves. when they finally made it to their destination, yoongi had to sprint to the shore with his gear in hand to be able to take pictures before the sun went down. with jimin beside him, he bent down on his knees with his camera pressed to his face, taking a total of five decent photos before the sun went out of view.

they stayed for almost an hour longer, though. jimin loved the rhythmic sound of the waves hitting the sand and yoongi loved to snap photos of jimin while he wasnt looking, his head tilted up to the sky. in the end, yoongi didnt turn in the sunset photos to his class, instead he turned in the ones he took of jimin, which earned him the highest score out of all of his peers. and, eventually, when jimin finally mustered up just enough courage, he confessed his feelings to yoongi, only to have yoongi chuckle and tell him that he didnt have to worry so much, and that of course he loved him too.

//

a/n this was random but i kinda liked it idk. i might not be able to update for a couple days more than usual, because we are flying out to seattle on thursday, but i did prewrite some chaps so i'll have those up while im goneeee! i'll still be on tho so im not leaving here or anything babes. again, i apologize for my terrible edit of me and my baby up there.

lots of love, namjoon1994 !