part 69 // back to you

"i like myself better, when im with you." yoongi would always tell jimin. and he did. without jimin, yoongi was grumpy and lonely, he had a short temper and rejected almost all human interaction. without jimin, yoongi cried more and ate less. but with jimin, yoongi was giggly and smiled much more. with jimin he felt satisfied with himself, he felt like suddenly, everything was okay. with jimin yoongi didnt cry so much, and he forgot that he wanted to loose weight, because it didnt matter with jimin. jimin made him feel loved.

yoongi remembers one night in particular, when he first realized he was in love with jimin. it was late at night, and jimin was driving them back home after a day of sight seeing. usually, when in the car at night, yoongi likes to close his eyes and watch the orbs of the traffic lights around him flicker in color against his closed eye lids. but that night, when he closed his eyes, something inside of him shifted. so, instead of holding his feelings in, he just blurted them out right then and there. "i love you." he had said softly, eyes still closed. not even a few seconds later, jimin responded. "i love you more." as if this was a daily thing for them.

"good evening, yoongi!" jimins mother smiles widely as she greets both boys at the door. she ushers them in, complaining about them being out in the cold. "we're going upstairs now, omma." jimin said politely, smiling. jimins mother just nodded, telling them that if they wanted anything to eat, snacks were in the kitchen. after climbing the flight of stairs that led to jimins room, yoongi walked inside and flopped down onto his bed. the curtains on the one window in jimins room were closed, so jimin walked over to open them, letting the moonlight pour in and flood the room.

when jimin walks over to lay down beside him, yoongi inhales sharply. even after all this time, jimin still makes his nervous. "i like the new piercing." jimin comments lightly, eyes directed towards yoongi. this makes yoongi smile warmly, "namjoon said that it would look nice, so i though eh, why not?" yoongi chuckled lowly, the sound sending sparks straight to jimins heart. neither yoongi nor jimin were very romantic, actually, they basically acted like best friends. yoongi liked it that way, though. no pressure to be all couple-y, just natural. everything just felt so right with jimin.

but of course, just like any other couple, they fight. but this fight was different. the whole ordeal had started when jimin received a letter in the mail, telling him that he had been excepted into college. yoongi was thrilled for him, he couldnt stop smiling, actually. but jimin wasnt so sure. there were many reasons why jimin didnt want to go, but one stuck out in his head over all of them; i dont- actually, i cant, leave yoongi. so, jimin took the acceptance letter, and ripped it up. that only lead to yoongi yelling at him that he needed to go, that he shouldnt be held back. and somehow it ended up with yoongi storming off and jimin muttering something like 'do you not want me to stay or something?'

after that disagreement, they didnt talk for a whole two weeks. "dont worry, you'll find a way back to each other. you always do." seokjin reassured him continuously, eyes filled with encouragement. but as the days rolled by, yoongis heart began to shatter more and more. he felt as if he was a burden to jimin, as if he was the reason jimin wouldnt leave for school. he felt like he was a problem. and even though seokjin and namjoon would never bring it up, they could see the tear stains on yoongis cheeks every morning.

when yoongi arrived home from school that day, a certain messy haired boy was sat on his bed waiting for him. "uh- y- your mom let me in." jimin said immediately as yoongi entered the room. yoongis eyes widened, gaze flickering towards the floor. "h-hi, jimin." yoongi mumbled, his hands clasped together in front of him. "hey, yoongi." jimin responded, voice more confident now. the moment yoongi sat down beside him, he began talking. "i- im sorry im holding you back, jiminie. i just want you to know that i support you no matter what." yoongi said quickly, not making eye contact with jimin.

jimins eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. "holding me- what? holding me back? you think that your a burden on me, yoongi?" jimin asked him, earning a slow nod from yoongi. "your stupid. i want to stay because i cant breath without you, yoongi. not because i feel like i have an obligation to take care of you or something. i choose to do that. i just thought that you wanted me to leave.." jimin explained, eyes never leaving yoongi for a second. yoongi shook his head quickly, gaze meeting jimins. "no, no! how could you- how could you think that? i just wanted to support you, thats all." yoongi explained quickly.

jimin didnt respond to that, he just grabbed a fist full of yoongis sweatshirt and engulfed him in a tight embrace. "i knew we would find a way back to each other." yoongi said lightly into the crook of jimins shoulder. "i love you lots. i hope you know that, my love." jimin said in return, and yoongi wondered if he too could hear yoongis heart thumping in his chest.

//

a/n so i know i already updated yesterday, but i have lots of ideasss! ive been giving you people lots of fluff recently, i hope your happy. maybe the next one will be full angst.. hehe..

lots of love, namjoon1994 !