part 82 // nails

"oh gosh, how cute, my sunshine actually looks like sunshine today." yoongi smiled widely as he sauntered into his boyfriends bedroom early on saturday morning, to see that jimin was wearing the biggest and brightest over-sized yellow pullover. jimin rolled his eyes, silently patting the space next to him, indicating for yoongi to sit down. jimin continued to click some things on his laptop as yoongi lazily scrolled through his phone, a comfortable silence settling around them.

"yoongi?" jimin suddenly asked, yoongi humming in response. "do you think- do you think it would be okay if i- uh- painted my nails?" he asked hesitantly, watching yoongi carefully. to his surprise, yoongi just smiled warmly, "sure, sunshine. anything you want, go for it." he said gently, eyes soft. jimin still had an uneasy look on his face, not sure how others would react. yoongi sighed lightly, "how about i paint mine too, jiminie?" he said, jimins face lighting up immediately.

jimin nodded eagerly, "n- now?" he asked, watching yoongi laugh and agree quickly. "okay, hold on." jimin pushed himself off of his bed, feet padding softly down the hall. he stopped at his mothers bedroom door, nervously tugging at the end of his over-sized sweatshirt on his bare thighs. "omma?" he whispered as he opened the door, eyes landing on his mother sitting at her desk. she spun around in her computer chair, automatically smiling up at jimin. "can i borrow some- uh- nail polish? if- if its okay." he asked her quietly. she paused for only a moment, "of course, jimin. they're over there. take any colors you like." she smiled encouragingly, pointing to the top of her dresser.

jimin excitedly rushed back to his room, plopping down next to yoongi again. "what color do you think i should do?" yoongi hummed to himself in thought, looking over the wide range of assorted shades. jimin pointed delicately at the deep blue shade. yoongi silently picked it up, nodding to himself. eventually jimin settled on a baby pink, but a shade of it that is darker, almost borderline beige. 

"here, i'll do it." yoongi said gently once he realized how much jimin was struggling to paint his own nails. yoongi took the small brush with surprisingly steady hands, leaning over to carefully spread the color onto jimins bare nails. jimin smiled softly to himself as he watched yoongi work on this, his eyebrows scrunched in concentration as he evenly distributed the color. yoongi nodded in approval once he had finished, satisfied. then, he blew air onto jimins finger nails, to help them dry faster.

once they had both patiently waited for jimins nails to dry, he shook the deep blue polish to start doing yoongis nails for him. yoongi extended both of his hands out, placing them flat as jimin brought down the brush and gently stroked it against yoongis nails, trying his very best to do a good job. once he had finished, he was happy to notice that he had only painted on yoongis actual finger once or twice during the process. he smiled happily, watching yoongi bring his hands up to blow air onto them.

they both layed down comfortably beside each other, jimins hands out in front of him. "how does it look?" he asked yoongi, craning his neck to look over at him. yoongi doesnt hesitate to answer, "absolutely beautiful." making jimin mumble a slew of embarrassed words into yoongis shoulder. yoongi kissed jimins temple, before jimin moves to stand. "i should go give these back to my mom." he tells yoongi, scurrying off in the direction of his mothers room once again.

"omma? i just wanted to give these back. thank you, again!" jimin said to her, watching as she stood and made her way over to him. once he had set all the polishes down, she caught his hands in her own. "ah, they look wonderful, jiminie. how cute." she admired his painted finger nails, making jimin thank the gods for such an accepting and lovely mother. "i love you, omma." he said to her, kissing her hair gently because of their height difference. she smiled softly, "you're my special little boy, jiminie. mom will always love you."

on the way back to his room, he bumped into his younger brother. "hyung, are your nails painted?" his brother asked only a moment after the passed each other. jimin sighed and turned around, before nodding slowly. "looks good, hyung." was all that he said, before walking into his bedroom and shutting the door behind him. jimins heart warmed in his chest. 

when he made it back inside his room, he immediately barreled into yoongis body, engulfing the older boy in a tight hug. "i love you. you smell good." jimin mumbled adoringly, making yoongi laugh. "i love you too, sunshine." was all that he said, relaxing into the warm arms wrapped around him.

//

a/n WHAT IS THIS IM-

lots of love, namjon1994 ! ( i have another chapter coming out today after this one oooo, it'll be slightly angstyyyy)