part 6 // too late

(a/n sad yoonmin aw)

"yoongi hyung? can you come with me to the store? taehyung is out and I want someone to come with me!" jimin whined to his favorite hyung. "just go on your own, jimin." yoongi snapped back at him, slightly angrily. he knows he should be nicer and compose himself more, but ever since jimin started dating taehyung, his heart has been breaking little by little and he can't even stand to look at either of them anymore. yoongi won't sleep or eat and he can't even think straight, but jimin didn't seem to notice. yoongi hates it. he secretly wants jimin to comfort him in his weak state but he doesn't even realize that yoongi's heart is breaking.

jimin sighed in defeat, "fine. okay. I'll be back in half an hour yoongi hyung! love you!" the younger boy smiled widely at him and yoongi felt his heart brake some more because he knew that the love he had just expressed to him was only in a friendly way. when a full hour passed and jimin was still not back yet, yoongi was starting to worry. "jimin please call me back and tell me that you're okay." yoongi desperately said into jimins voicemail for what seemed like the millionth time.

then he decided that it's been much too long and he needed to go check up on him. but when he walked up to the convenient store that jimin had gone to, he heard the sweet voice of jimin screaming for help from a nearby alley, and yoongi is immediately sent into a state of complete worry and panic. yoongi runs towards the loud sound and sees his sweet little jimin being pinned up against a brick wall by a man who seems to be much older and stronger than either of them.

"hey, get away from him!" yoongi yells at the man loudly. the man looks up at yoongi and seems to panic briefly before fleeting in the other direction. when he lets go of jimin, his limp body falls to the floor. "jiminie!" yoongi screeches, running up to him and cradling his head in his arms. "jimin, are you okay? I'm calling for help right now down worry!" yoongi desperately says to him. jimins head is bleeding profoundly and yoongi knows that is definitely not a good sign.

"I- I love you, yoongi." jimin suddenly whispered through half lidded eyes. yoongi sadly smiled with tears running down both of his cheeks, "I love you too, jiminie. so much." yoongi whispered, tears dripping onto jimins face.

by the time the ambulance came, jimin was already unconscious but still very much alive. but that didn't stop yoongi from thinking for a fleeting moment that he was already dead. they let him sit in the ambulance next to jimin because yoongi was so hysterically begging them that they just couldn't say no. "w- will he be okay?" yoongi desperately asked the doctor when he left jimins room and walked into the hall after they arrived at the hospital.

"well, we did have hope, sir, but he just lost too much blood in such a quick amount of time, an- and we couldn't save him. I- I'm so sorry." he gave yoongi a small, sympathetic smile. and in that very moment, yoongis whole world came crashing down. he fell to his knees and cried until he was dry heaving. he was gasping for air and he had cried so damn much that the collar of his shirt was covered in tears stains.

"can I s- see him?" yoongi said when he stood up again and (sort of) stopped crying, also telling the nurse behind the desk to contact taehyung right away. the nurse nodded and opened the door for him. he then saw his beautiful jimin laying on the bed, his skin tinted gray, like all the life was sucked out of him (which it was). yoongi sat at the side of the hospital bed and took jimins icy cold hand in his own.

"hey, jiminie." he began slowly, "I- I can't do this. I can't just sit here and talk to you like you aren't gone. all I'm gonna tell you is that, you were the best thing that has ever happened to me, jimin. and I want to thank you for making my life happier and for making me love you. because I have made a lot of mistakes in my life but loving you is certainly not, and never will be, one of them." then yoongi left the hospital and never turned back. but the ugly sobs that escaped his mouth just kept reminding him of the loss of his one true love. the loss of the beautiful boy, who made his world just a little brighter.

//

a/n okay so apparently i love to suffer.

lots of love, namjoon1994 !