part 107 // the prince and the servant? how cliche.

(a/n here we have a royal au just because i was feelin it today idk.. its probably not that great)

"prince jimin, sir, your uncle is calling for you." one of the grounds keepers told jimin in a rushed voice. jimin just smiled widely at her, "its just jimin, you know, and i'll see to it now. thank you." he nodded to her, her face instantly brightening, because of the kind prince. everyone else in his family acted as if she was nothing more than a servant, but prince jimin had always respected her and all of the workers, even when he was but a child. "oh- and hes in the common room!" she quickly called after the fleeting prince, remembering that she hadnt yet told him where his uncle was awaiting his arrival.

"jimin ah, there you are." his uncle mused when he finally arrived, standing to face his young nephew fully. his uncle was an odd character, one that jimin never really liked much. "theres a boy, one of the uh- servant folk, who should also be cleaning the stables." he explained slowly, "i thought since you were close with their kind," he made a disgusted face and jimin half wanted to punch it right then and there, "you could let the young boy know of his requirements." he turned away from jimin as he finished his speech, looking to the large window. jimin sighed lightly but went to take care of the issue anyway, his uncle was not one to be crossed.

"damn it-" jimin muttered to himself when the boy his uncle had mention turned out to be yoongi, his yoongi. jimins heart felt heavy as he proceeded to deliver the news of more work to the beautiful boy. yoongi just plastered on a smile, like always, and nodded, acting as if it was no trouble and he wasnt so tired he felt like he could pass out any second. jimin looked around to make sure they were alone before grabbing yoongis hand lovingly, "i'll come see you later, okay?" he whispered to yoongi, and the blonde boys face erupted in a real, genuine smile. jimins heart swelled. "okay." he responded quietly.

jimin was next in line for the thrown after his elder brother, but to be quite honest he didnt even want to be king. it was nice and truly an honor, but all jimin really wanted was yoongi, and if he becomes king, he fears that it will never be possible. all his life he had always had everything done for him, someone watching over him, and meeting yoongi years ago turned his world upside down. yoongis parents abandoned him when he was young and he had been living with a close friend his entire life. he fucking cleaned their toilets, for gods sake. jimin hated seeing him, or any of the staff, working to relentlessly on things his family could just do themselves.

jimin, being a young prince, was certainly not aloud to date, especially not a member of the staff, and a boy too, for that matter. but, thats exactly what jimin was doing. it was risky, sure, but yoongi meant everything to him, really. jimin has never loved anyone more. so, the next morning, when jimin watches in horror as his uncle roughly grasps yoongi by the wrist and pulls him off the floor, spitting orders into his face, his blood boils inside of him. "dont ever fucking touch him. ever." jimin screeches as he runs over to the pair, grabbing yoongis delicate hand out of his uncles menacing grasp.

his uncle watches in complete shock as jimin kneels down to make sure yoongis okay, and kisses the pale boys hand gently. "what is this mockery? the prince and the servant? you make me laugh, jimin, really. bravo." his uncle booms loudly, acting as if this was all a joke. jimins face becomes red in anger, but yoongi holds him steady, "hes a better person than you will ever be! dont ever lay a hand on him, or any of the staff, again." jimin growls threateningly, glaring daggers at his uncles egotistical expression. jimin was so close to laying a hand on him, but only god knows what would happen if he did.

"just wait until your father hears about this." his uncle states, before walking with heavy steps back into the palace. jimin almost pleads with him not to tell his father, but stands his ground nonetheless. "im sorry." yoongi whispers weakly as he tugs on the edge of jimins attire, almost retracting his hand when he realizes he could be dirtying jimins royal clothing. "dont be. dont ever be." he said gently, leaning back to take a seat on the grass beside yoongi, and collapsing into yoongis side as if they were matching puzzle pieces. "you'll get in trouble." yoongi mumbles worriedly, but jimin merely shakes his head. "i dont care. all i care about is you." yoongis heart leaps in his chest.

the next morning, jimin had been called in by his father, who was not exactly angry, just more confused than anything. jimin explained the situation in great detail, before promptly leaving to let his mother and father process the story and make a decision regarding his punishment. but its okay, jimin thinks, because he still gets to lay in bed and imagine the day when he can finally treat yoongi exactly how he deserves, and not have to keep it a secret. he cant wait for that day. he prays it will come. (and so does yoongi, laying down in the servants quarters, eyes shut and heart full.)

//

a/n this was shitty i apologize. i wanted it to be better bc i was so hype for the whole royalty au thing but it turned out bad :(( (maybe i'll do another royalty au when i learn how to be a good writer sigh)

lots of love, namjoon1994 !