part 38 // i'll color the world for you

(a/n part 2 to 'colors' ! i know i wrapped it up in the end there, but this will be like going back in time and seeing how their first date went, i guess !)

jimin was nervous. well, jimin was always a little nervous but even more so today. he had texted yoongi, just so that he could save jimins number as well. but one thing led to another and now jimin was walking to their 'date' spot. his palms were sweaty even in the freezing weather and he didnt even know that was possible. when he approached the quaint book store they were supposed to meet in, he took some deep breaths to calm his nervous stomach.

he was silently hoping this was the right place because there were four bookstore in this town and yoongi had said to meet him at the one with the blue writing. only jimin didnt exactly know which one had the god damn blue writing. thankfully, he was correct because as he entered, he could clearly see the blonde boy standing within a row or thick books. when the bell on the door went off as jimin entered, yoongis pale face shot up to meet his own. he sent the younger boy a charming smile before gesturing for him to walk over.

"hey!" yoongi greeted cheerfully, holding a big book in his slim fingers. "hi." jimin said quieter, but just as sweet. yoongi opened the book and flipped through a couple of pages before asking, "do you like to read?" jimin paused for a moment, pursing his lips before answering, "yeah. yeah, i do. i havent don it in a while, but i do enjoy it." he explained softly, eyes moving to scan the row of book titles in front of him. yoongi just nodded, a fond smile grazing his lips.

"whats your favorite book?" jimin asked curiously, as his hands moved to pull a book from the shelf. yoongi said nothing for a while, most likely thinking. "uh, i dont really know. maybe looking for alaska? but thats so common, aish." yoongi muttered, straining his mind trying to come up with a book that hes really enjoyed reading. jimin nodded, saying that he thought that was a great choice. and then, yoongi asked for his favorite book as well. 

jimin stayed silent, eyebrows furrowing in thought. "its a series called the mysterious benedict society. its quite good." jimin smiled, watching as yoongi nodded, smiling back. they eventually filed out of the book store, agreeing on just taking a walk. "so, i dont know if this is too forward, but i really like you, jimin. and i kind of- uh- sorry i feel weird- i kind of want to know everything about you..?" yoongi mumbled, cheeks flushing in complete embarrassment.

jimin smiled, his own cheeks blushing as well. but he just simply nodded, "so what do you want to know?" after that yoongi proceeded to ask him loads of questions, mostly just on simple topics like hobbys, family, friends. but then jimins least favorite question in the entire world came along. "whats your favorite color?" 

jimin squeezed his eyes shut momentarily, almost coming up with a lie. he knew the colors, he just didnt know what they looked like. or he could just say black or white or even grey, he knew those very well. but he decided against it, because jimin really liked yoongi too. and not telling him made him feel like he was hiding a secret life or something. so jimin took a deep breath, eyes moving to gaze at the ground in front of their walking feet. "i, uh, im actually color blind, yoongi." jimin finally got the words out.

he let his words travel in to the cold air, saying nothing after that. yoongi didnt freeze or freak out, or make a big deal about it, though. and that made jimin feel at ease. "oh, you are? sorry, that was a stupid question." yoongi muttered to him, mentally slapping himself for sounding so dumb. jimin chuckled deeply, smiling widely at the older boy. "dont worry about it, how could you have known?" he said to him, trying to reassure him that it was really alright.

they stayed silent, walking along a wide lake that was frozen over. "whats it- whats it like? if you dont mind me asking.." yoongi shyly asked, hoping that he didnt sound rude. "its like seeing everything, but just in three basic colors. black, white, and grey. it gets quite boring sometimes." jimin explains sadly, head slightly tiling down.

and then yoongi had a sudden burst of confidence. he grabbed jimins hand, locking their fingers together gently and smiling at the younger boys surprised face. "dont worry, jiminie. if its alright..i'd like to be your worlds color." and lets just say that jimin didnt even have to think twice before thanking him. (and he may or may not have cried a little too, but thats not the point.)

//

a/n this is shortttttt and sloppyyyy but i hope it was alright ! a lot of you guys asked for a part 2 to colors and i just couldnt resist! 

lots of love, namjoon1994 !