part 105 // far

the low hum of their cheap heater fills the room. "university life," yoongi says to namjoon one afternoon, "kind of sucks." namjoon laughs and shakes his head but ends up agreeing anyway. sure, university sucked because they basically had no money, they lived on the cheapest foods around, and they had to take dumb classes, but most of all it sucked because jimin was just so, so far away. "you're just cranky because you miss jimin." namjoon chuckles, and yoongi shouldnt be surprised that he knew, because namjoon always seemed to know exactly whats on his mind.

yoongi sighs and runs his hands over his face, "you're right." he slumps back into his seat on their small couch. namjoon says nothing more, his eyes glued solely to his phone. yoongi slips his own phone out of his pocket, pressing the power button to see if there were any new notifications. there was, it was the same text jimin sent every day around this time. hey, i just wanted to tell you that i miss you and i love you lots. love, jimin. yoongi didnt even know why he put his name at the end because yoongi already knew it was him, but he loved that he did.

yoongi loved virtually everything about park jimin. he loved his adorable little chipped tooth in the front of his mouth and the tiny mole on the side of his face, everything. he really wished jimin wasnt so damn far. yoongi eventually sulked his way back into his tiny bedroom, sifting through the old polaroids he had saved of jimin. each one was different, but all of them were beautiful. the one of jimin sleeping with his mouth open and eyelids shut reminded him of cold nights and hot chocolate in colorful mugs.

the one of jimin with his hair was messy and his mid-laugh smile reminded yoongi of warm sunshine on his skin and soft giggles, and the way jimins hand felt in his own. god, did he miss his beautiful boy. as if on queue, an incoming call from jimin arrives. "hey, baby!" jimin exclaimed into the receiver as soon as yoongi picked up, making him smile widely. before yoongi even got a chance to say anything, jimin continued. "how are you? are you eating well?"

yoongi thought back and remembered the fact that he had only drank coffee that morning and that had been all he had consumed the entire day. he decided to keep that information from jimin, "yeah, sorta." he said in response. jimin continued on asking him questions as if he was his mother, but yoongi didnt mind one bit. "i miss you." yoongi sighed, cutting jimin off mid-ramble. jimin silenced on the other end, before yoongi heard him sigh, too. "i miss you more." he said, his voice now exceptionally less enthusiastic.

"i'll be home soon, though. and we can cuddle and watch movies and talk and everything, sound good?" yoongi said quickly, hating the way that jimins voice had become weak and upset. jimin sniffled a little on the other end and yoongis chest tightened, knowing that he was crying. "o- okay." he whispered, and yoongis heart ached even more at the crack in his voice. "dont- dont cry. you'll make me cry." yoongi chuckled hollowly, refraining from letting tears roll down his cheeks. jimin was silent for another few seconds before speaking again, "okay, ah- sorry. im done crying."

yoongi shook his head even though jimin couldnt see him, "i cry all the time from missing you." he shyly admitted, making jimin laugh on the other line. "aw, well i bet namjoon makes fun of you for that." jimin laughed, making yoongis mood pick up. "all the time." yoongi agreed, laughing along with him. eventually jimin fell asleep while still on the phone, and yoongi just couldnt hang up. so, he lay in bed, phone near his ear and jimins soft, even breaths filling his mind as he too fell asleep. it almost made it feel like they were right next to each other.

//

a/n thIS WAS TERRIBLE AND NOT GOOD IM SORRY BUT I'LL MAKE IT UP TO YOU GUYS I PROMISE (the sweet messages i received on my last post made my heart swell so much, i love you guys. i screenshotted them all and i read them whenever i feel down.)

lots of love, namjoon1994 !