part 58 // end of the world

20 minutes and 44 seconds left

everything is in ruins. has been for a while, actually. everyone knew the earth was going to shit, its just that no one wanted to admit it, though. now, they cant ignore it. because after all these years of pollution, and damage that they had caused to the world, it was all over. it was over, because the earth, is now dying. jimin really wasnt listening to anything the news reporter on the t.v. was saying, and neither was yoongi. something about the gravitational pull on the earths axis blah, blah, blah stay inside blah, blah, blah. everything just became muffled noises in their heads because they were both only thinking about one thing; 

this was the end.

16 minutes and 53 seconds left

neither of them knew what to do. jimin squeezed his eyes shut, thinking of all the things he would not be able to do. he wouldnt get to marry yoongi someday, and eventually raise a family with him here in seoul like they always talked about. he wouldnt get to go skydiving with taehyung and jungkook, like they were planning to do the next summer, because next summer would never come. and the worst part was; we would never even get to say goodbye. not to his parents, or his best friends. but he thanked any god that was left, though, that he had yoongi by his side. 

"everything's gonna be okay, sunshine." yoongis whispered into the silence. he then reached over for jimins hand because no, everything is not going to be okay. jimin said nothing for a while, staring straight ahead, surrounded by his thoughts. "i love you, min yoongi."his voice came out hoarse and quiet.

12 minutes and 34 seconds left

yoongi knew exactly how much time they had left. his friend namjoon who worked for the government has been giving him updates as the clock ticks away. yoongi refused to tell jimin, though. he silently pulled jimin up by their intertwined hands and brought him to their bedroom, where they both lied down next to each other. yoongis arm naturally found its way around jimin, like it has been for years now. yoongi pulled him closer, taking in every inch of the boy he loved.

jimin clutched to yoongis body like his life depended on it (ha-ha.), and let himself silently be surrounded by yoongis scent and the warmth of their bodies together. "i hope you know that your the best thing thats ever happened to me, sunshine." yoongi suddenly said, making jimins eyes water. he blinked the tears away, not wanting to make this anymore depressing than it already was. "im so glad, that i got to spend a portion of this life with you." is what jimin says in response.

9 minutes and 28 seconds left

jimin had imagined that the end of the world would be filled with gun shots and explosions, loud noises from every direction and destruction on every corner. but it was oddly peaceful. he lay there with yoongi in their tiny apartment in the heart of seoul, eyes closed and breath steady, yoongis heartbeat in his ears. and the thinks to himself, 'this is exactly the way i want to die. right here, with my world in my arms.'

in yoongis head, he was saying all of his goodbyes. 'goodbye omma and appa. im sorry i never call, im sorry i was a horrible son. i love you both very much.' he never had a great relationship with his parents, but c'mon, they made him! he really did love them. "goodbye namjoon, hoseok and seokjin, you all were pains in my ass but im going to miss you so much. thanks for all the good memories, losers. see you in hell.' yoongi almost chuckled at that, but stayed silent instead. there was no one else left to say goodbye to except jimin, and yoongi was not ready for that.

5 minutes and 16 seconds left

if yoongi and jimin were going to say their goodbyes to each other, they had to do it now. "jiminie? hey, look at me for a moment, sunshine." yoongi said, tying to keep the frantic tone in his voice down. he held jimins face in this hands, looking him right in the face. "i love you, more than i have ever loved anything on this earth. thank you, for making me so happy, my sunshine." yoongi knew he should have said many more things, but time was not on their side right now. jimin finally let the tears he had been holding in escape, though they were quickly wiped away by yoongis thumbs.

"even though you can be grumpy sometimes," jimin started, earning a sad chuckle from yoongi, "you mean everything to me, min yoongi. i will never stop loving you." and then yoongi cried too, not only because it was the end of the world and he could never be with jimin again after this, but also because no one had ever said anything so heartfelt to him before.

1 minute and 35 seconds left

this really was it. yoongi quickly pulled jimin into him again, kissing him desperately before just holding him in his arms. "i love you." jimin whispered as each second seemed to slip away faster and faster. "i love you more, my sunshine." yoongi said just like he always had, right before everything went black.

//

a/n hey babes, so i know i already put a chapter out today but i whipped this up quickly and thought i should put it out! also since tomorrows monday and all week i will be working on a christmas chapter (woohoo!) i thought i might put this out in the meantime! thank you so fucking much for all the supportive comments, i love you all more than anything. dont worry about me too much though, ill be okay~ (fuckboys need to just leave, am i right?)

lots and lots of endless love, namjoon1994 ! (aka chloe)