part 86 // bruises

the first time jimin sees one, its a swirl of purple, blue and yellow on yoongis wrist, spreading across his bone covered in skin. jimin eyed it cautiously, though he cant deny that it was kind of pretty against the pale of yoongis skin. the moment yoongi had caught him looking, he had quickly pulled his sleeve down, an unreadable expression sitting on his face. jimin didnt ask about it.

the second time, they were sitting together at jimins home, when yoongis black shorts had ridden up his thighs a tad bit farther than usual. it was bigger than the last, a mix of purple, deep blue, yellow and even green now, taking up a good portion of yoongis smooth skin. it looked like it must have hurt, so this time it wasnt pretty in jimins eyes. when he had asked casually, yoongi had told him it was a bike accident. but jimin knew yoongi hated riding his bike.

when the third time rolled around, jimin was far done. he didnt want to refrain from asking or be put off by yoongis terrible excuses, he wanted to know why yoongis pure skin had been stained. it was when a scattering of dark bruise marks pained his upper cheek, did jimin finally ask. "yoongi, are you okay?" he had asked as gently as he could, feeling like such a fucked-up boyfriend for never asking before now. yoongis body stiffened and jimin knew something was wrong.

"must've tripped, i guess. you know how clumsy i can be." and he could be, jimin knew. but those werent bruises you get from stumbling over a bump in the road. jimin took a deep breath, trying to calm himself at the thought of someone hurting his yoongi. even the mere thought had him fuming. "what really happened, yoongi. you can tell me, baby." jimin said, keeping his composure. to his surprise, his ears were suddenly filled with yoongis loud sobs.

jimin immediately brought him into his arms, cradling him like a mother does to a child. "oh, yoongi. it was your parents, wasnt it?" jimin had muttered when he finally realized it. he shouldve known from the beginning that it was them, they had always caused trouble for yoongi. all yoongi could do was nod weakly, and let jimin kiss his pained bruised face.

jimin forced yoongi to stay with him for the night, not even wanting to let him out of his sight for a moment. the patches of odd colored bruising skin was enough to make him ooze with anger. yoongi could sense jimins inner term oil, so he lifted a bony hand to cup one side of jimins face. "i love you, jimin. but i dont need you to fight my battles for me." was all that he said, and jimin knew better then to overstep his boundaries.

yoongi stayed over at jimins house until jimins mother started to question them, and all they could do was tell her the truth. it was the right decision, though, because jimins mother was a kind lady, but she could be ruthless if need be. she gave ice packs to yoongi for his marks and asked him if it was okay to tell the police about his parents. yoongi thought about it, and realized that sadly, he had no feelings of love towards either of his parents. he gave her the permission she needed.

jimin had held him that night and whispered about how brave he was and how proud he was of yoongi, but yoongi hadnt really done anything. he had only done what he knew was right, which was the obvious choice. though, that choice must be hard for someone who actually loved their parents. it wasnt for yoongi. the swirls of colors on his skin reminded him of that. but he had jimin here to catch him when he fell, and that was all he could ever ask for. "i love you." was all yoongi could think to say to him in return.

//

a/n this was supposed to actually be good, but i failed.

lots of love, namjoon1994 !