part 14 // paintings

"where are you going?" yoongi questions from his spot on the bed when he feels jimin move to get up. "oh, i have art school today! i forgot to tell you, i guess, but i have always been pretty good at art and i love it, but my parents never let me practice because they didnt think of it as a suitable hobby for a grade A student and all of that." jimin explains, his smile temporarily shrinking when he talks about his extremely strict parents.

"oh. okay, well have fun, baby! i'll see you later!" yoongi usually wasnt one to use pet names or act so cheerful, but he could tell that when jimin talked about his parents not letting him do things as a child got him a bit down, and jimin really liked pet names. within seconds jimins smile was back to normal and he was walking out the door. yoongis day was spent missing jimin, and working on music. when jimin left, honestly yoongi felt like a bad boyfriend for not knowing that he enjoyed art. but to be fair, he had never mentioned it before then.

later that evening when jimin walked back in, a huge smile on his face, yoongi got up and embraced him in a hug. "i missed you." he sighed. jimin chuckled, "i missed you, too. but i had the best day ever! the class is so fun and you're free to draw or paint whatever you like! its really great!" jimin exclaimed excitedly. yoongi smiled, "im so glad you had fun."

"okay. so, i have a homework assignment. its to draw a portrait of someone, it doesnt matter who. so, i thought, why not ask my amazing boyfriend if he has any special requests?" jimin smiled back at yoongi. yoongi nodded slightly, and tried to think of an idea. lately he had been thinking a lot about his mother, and he decided thats who he wanted jimin to paint for him. "i know what i want." yoongi turned to jimin, voice quiet. 

jimin nodded and tilted his head to the side, indicating for yoongi to go on. "its a women. she had light brown hair thats medium length and bangs that go across her face. she had wide eyes and a slim figure as well." yoongi tried his best to explain to jimin. jimin took notes of what yoongi described, "do you have a picture?" yoongi thought for a moment before nodding his head. he then proceeded to get up and slide a trunk out from under the bed that they shared. when his mother died, his aunt had given him a trunk full of all kinds of her old stuff like recipes, a few items of clothing, jewelry, and photos of both herself and yoongi as a child.

he could never bring himself to look through it, the moment he got it he just stored it away and never dared to look at it. but now, he sat on the floor, shuffling through some pictures. eventually, he came across the perfect one. it was a photo of his mother, she was standing by herself but it was taken from the shoulders up. so, he selected that one and put the rest away, sliding the trunk back under the bed. he then made his way back to the living room where jimin still sat on the couch, notebook in hand. yoongi handed the photo to jimin and sat down next to him.

"so, can you- uh- draw her? i mean its fine if you cant but-" jimin cut him off mid sentence, "of course i can. shes really beautiful, you know?" he said, examining the photo. yoongi nodded, trying not to really think about her too much. because he knows if he does, he'll just brake down. jimin had never seen or heard of this lady from yoongi before now, but he decided not to ask who it was just yet and just draw her for him.

"okay, lets go to bed now, yeah?" jimin said while gently taking yoongis hand in his. yoongi nodded and let jimin lead him to the bed by his hand. later that night, when jimin knew that yoongi was for sure sound asleep, he climbed out of bed and began drawing.

//

the next day when jimin came back from art school, he finally decided to let yoongi see it. "its finished." jimin smiled at his boyfriend who sat at their kitchen counter, phone in hand. when he heard, yoongi dropped his phone and quickly walked over to jimin, "c- can i see it?" jimin nodded and handed him a folded piece of paper. when yoongi opened it, his eyes softened. it looked just like her. and he could almost remember what her laugh sounded like for a second.

yoongis eyes filled with tears, "my mom died when i was 14. and i was starting to forget what her face looked like." yoongi said, smiling slightly at jimin with tears falling down his face, "so thank you, for helping me remember her, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to." jimin sat in shock for a moment. But soon got over it and engulfed his boyfriend in a tight hug. "I'm so sorry." he whispered.

he decided that he shouldn't ask why he had never told him about his mother before, and just continue to comfort him. "she really was beautiful. and she looks kind, she resembles you a ton, too." jimin smiled as he looked at the drawing again from where yoongi was holding it. yoongi nodded, "she was." he sighed.

"how about this?" jimin gently took the drawing and pinned it on the wall in their bedroom. "perfect." yoongi smiled as he wrapped an arm around jimin and they gazed at the drawing hanging perfectly up on the wall.

//

a/n i hope this one didnt make you guys too sad .. i liked this one ! (i made sure to add some fluff ahah) i hope you guys liked it ! new part will be out soon so stay tuned for that !

lots of love, namjoon1994 !