part 57 // second choice

(a/n this is based on true events that happened to me. i needed to get my feelings out so what better way than yoonmin? in real life, i was the yoongi in this story, and the person who broke my heart was jimin. enjoy!)

decisions. most everything in life, is based on the decisions you make to get there. sometimes, our decisions are bad, but they never fail to take us where we need to go. some of the decisions park jimin has made recently, werent very good, though. jimin was such a sweet person, never wanting to hurt anyone. but sometimes, putting others feelings first can end up hurting not only yourself, but the ones closest to you. and thats what happened with min yoongi. 

they had been best friends for two years, jimin and yoongi. and it was completely friendly, neither of them ever really thinking about the possibility of their relationship ever being more. but one night, when they were out walking around and watching the sky, jimins feelings burst. he hadnt meant for them to, they just did. all of a sudden he spilled everything to yoongi. how he liked him, how he thought he was the cutest person in the universe, everything. and for the first time in his life, yoongi felt loved. truly, whole-heartedly, loved. but there was just one other thing; jimin had a boyfriend.

for weeks after that jimin continued to act normally, except now it was a more loving relationship between the two of them. jimin would give yoongi his jackets, and call him just to tell him goodnight. and yoongi felt needed, he truly felt like his heart could burst. he didnt even think about the fact that jimin was with someone else. up until now, yoongi hadnt confessed any feelings for jimin in return. honestly, he hadnt thought there were any at all. but now, he could feel them. but when he finally built up enough courage to tell jimin about it, everything collapsed. 

"oh," jimin had said to him in return, "im sorry, yoongi. i like you, i really do. but im in love with somebody else." 

every morning after that day, yoongi would wake up to the feeling of pure emptiness. he didnt eat, and started to drop weight rapidly. jimin had played him. messed with his emotions. dragged him into all of this without even knowing if his feelings for yoongi were strong enough to last. they werent, apparently. every time yoongi thought about what jimin had done to him, his reaction was different each time. sometimes he was angry, angry that jimin had taken advantage of him like that. those times, he wanted nothing more than for jimin to feel the pain he felt.

there were other times when yoongi wanted to just be wrapped in the happy memories. close his eyes and be surrounded by the memories of wearing jimins jacket and holding his hand, all the memories of every damn time he called him cute. at those times, yoongi always thought that if jimin ever did come back to him, if he ever did change his mind, he would welcome him with open arms. even though, he knew that he probably shouldnt.

jimin knew he fucked up. he also knew that he loved yoongi much more than he loved his current boyfriend, and it was tearing him apart. jimin hated hurting people, he couldnt bear it. him and his boyfriend had been together so long, he knew he would be hurt. truthfully, jimin did love his boyfriend. he didnt know how he would feel to not be with him and he was scared to find out. but it still didnt feel right. by trying to spare his boyfriends feelings, jimin was hurting both yoongis and his own. hes not happy, he knows. he just doesnt know what exactly to do about it. and the longer he waits, the farther yoongi slips away. and soon, he knows yoongi wont be there.

for weeks on end yoongi ignored jimins calls, his texts, his pleads for him to talk to him in the halls of their school, everything. he couldnt even look at jimin anymore. and the worst part was; jimin expected him to still be there. he expected that sorry was enough, and that they could still be fine and normal, best friends again. but no, sorry was not nearly enough for the pain yoongi felt. sorry couldnt make up for the fact that jimin had basically called yoongi his second choice. yoongi was alot of things, but side hoe was definitely not one of them.

and now, they were at a stand still. neither of them doing anything about the situation. they both knew what they wanted to do, but neither of them were doing so. that was the problem. and maybe sometimes, things happen, and you dont end up with your soulmate.

//

a/n :(( . this is one of the reasons i dont update as frequently, im going through a rough time right now. i hope you understand. i also hope you liked this chapter, even though it wasnt exactly cheerful. i love you all lots and lots.

lots of love, namjoon1994 !