She Didn't Even Know Me (Tony/Steve/Bucky x reader)

Part 1

File after file of Hydra information flashed across the screens in front of Tony, most of it jumbled and random as JARVIS downloaded it all. He watched for a few minutes, but quickly grew bored and moved on to look for what else they were hiding. While Tony left the room, JARVIS began to separate and analyze the new data being sent to Maria Hill back in New York.

"Sir-"

Tony was gone before JARVIS could stop him. The information he had just found was incredibly sensitive and must be addressed quickly; not only for the safety of the team but for the protection of his boss as well.

"Miss Hill, have you received the data as sent by Mr. Stark? I have highlighted one file in particular that requires your immediate attention."

Back at headquarters, Maria was reading the information as quickly as she could, trying to wrap her mind around what she was seeing. Details of Hydra's soldier training program were violent and cruel, so much so that she looked away several times from the images on her screens. "JARVIS, why am I watching this?"

Suddenly, it was clear why as she stood with a loud gasp and raised her hand over her mouth. The person now on her screens had a likeness that was unmistakable; her mannerisms were the same, and her eyes eerily similar. Could it really be her, Tony's sister, after all this time? After thinking she had been dead for so long? She had to be sure before she brought this to him.

"JARVIS, is that her? Take the last known photo of her, apply age progression and compare the two."

Two photos appeared side-by-side, eliminating any doubt that she had. Maria could only stare and shake her head at the realization of what, rather who, they had found, completely unsure of how to approach telling her boss.

"Yes, I do believe that is (Y/N), Miss Hill."

~~~

Once the team had returned to the jet, ready to go home, Tony finally had a chance to check his phone, expecting it to be inundated with messages from Pepper. He had neglected to tell her that he was leaving on this particular mission, and prepared himself to face her upon his return. To his surprise, there was only one message from Maria.

Tony, we need to talk. Urgently and alone.

Ok, so what ya got?

Not by text.

I'm sure it will be fine. Go ahead.

I prefer to talk in person.

What, are you quitting on me, Hill?

A few minutes passed by before she replied again, and Tony was actually starting to feel worried that she was going to tell him of her resignation.

The Hydra files. JARVIS found something.

Tell me.

He found (Y/N). She's alive, Tony.

His face went blank and the phone dropped to the floor, startling Steve, who was standing next to him. Tony stumbled back and sat abruptly in one of the seats, nearly missing his mark and falling.

"Tony? Hey, Tony, are you okay?" Steve grabbed his shoulder and gave him a small shake. "What happened?"

As he continued to stare ahead, motionless now, his mind was racing but his body was numb. Steve knelt down to face him, growing more and more concerned with Tony's uncharacteristic behavior. "What's going on?" When he finally answered, Tony's voice was a whisper, almost mumbling under his breath.