Circus Freak (Clint Barton x reader)

Name: Unknown

Location: Last sighted in Seattle October 20, 2015

Age: Undetermined

Gender: Last sighted as female, but has been known to alter their appearance

Enhancement/Powers/Skills: Telekinesis, Teleportation, Telepathy, Time Manipulation. UNSTABLE.

Service Associations: None known; no matching profile in SHIELD or Hydra database

Casualty Count: Undetermined, believed to be greater than 100 in past year

Threat Level: Critical

Mission: Extermination

"So, did I piss you off or something, Fury?" Clint shook his head as he read your file, not immediately sure why he was being given this particular mission. "You haven't sent me out solo in forever, and now you're bringing me back in with this? I feel like you're throwing me under the bus here."

Nick gave a small, deep laugh and stood from his position across from Clint, moving to stand behind his chair and watch him as he continued to study page after page on your exploits and the damages that you had done. "You're the one who said that you see better from a distance, and no one can get close to her. You brought this on yourself, Barton."

"I need to learn when to shut the hell up."

Fury's laugh grew louder as he exited the room, glancing back for only a second before he was out of sight, "try to not recruit this one, alright? That kind of lightening doesn't strike twice."

~~~

"How am I supposed to stake out someone who can teleport?" Clint mumbled, "Ugh, I'm in over my head." He pulled the binoculars up to scan the area again, even though his last sweep yielded no results. "Smart, Barton. Real smart. I definitely pissed him off."

You had last been seen at this location in Seattle, a hospital just outside of the city. There hadn't been any trouble reported, but since there were no current reports of sightings anywhere else, Clint figured his best bet would be to start here. He had been in position for hours now and was just about to give up for the day when you caught his eye. He watched you exit from the rear of the building, covered in clothing dark enough to mask you from the vision of most, but he could see you clear as day.

"Alright, honey, just stay right...there..." he whispered again, raising his bow and slowly pulling back on the arrow as he watched you. He startled slightly when you turned and looked directly at him, freezing in place at the realization that he had been spotted. "What the hell...how can she see me?"

"Telepathy, you idiot."

Clint shook his head as your voice filled his mind, uneasy with the intrusion. He quickly pulled back on the arrow and released, desperation fueling his decision to act, attempting to push you out of his head. As the arrow flew towards you, you raised your hand and it slowed under your command. Stopping just short of connecting with its target, you grabbed it from the air and broke it in half, dropping it on the ground with a small chuckle.

"Come on, Barton. I would expect more from you."

"Get out of my head!"

"You want to kill me, circus boy? Then come down here and do it like a man. Come look me in the eye and stop being a coward if you think you have a shot."

"Circus boy?" he said to himself, "what the hell?"

"So you don't remember me then? Come talk to me. I promise that I won't kill you right away."