Keep Up, Old Man (Barton/Pietro Maximoff x reader)

"We're all clear here."

"We are not clear," you heard Steve grunt, "we are very not clear!"

Clint looked around one last time, making sure that the two of you hadn't missed any of Ultron's army. He turned to you and gave a slight nod, which you returned in kind. "Alright, coming to ya."

"Keep up, old man!" A bright silver flash stopped in front of you, with Pietro smiling brightly as he wrapped one arm around your waist and swung the other behind your legs to lift you off the ground. Seconds later, the two of you were gone with Clint left behind, standing in the midst of destruction with a look of annoyance on his face.

He slowly pulled back on his bow, aiming the arrow at where Pietro had just been, mimicking his enjoyment at a chance to shoot the Sokovian. "Nobody would know. Nobody." He slipped the arrow back into the quiver and ran to catch up to you, determined to find out what Maximoff was doing hauling his little sister around like that when you were strangers only a few hours ago.

"The last I saw him, Ultron was sitting on him," he said to himself, "yeah, he'll be missed. That quick little bastard, I miss him already..."

~~~

You were shooting before your feet ever hit the ground. Pietro had set you down next to Steve and ran to join Wanda in the center of the city, while Clint joined the two of you moments later and fully engaged in the fight.

"What the hell was that all about, (Y/N)?" Clint yelled between shots and over the roaring noises of battle.

"What do you mean?"

He glanced back over his shoulder at you for just a second, but you could see that he was angry. "I didn't know that you had a private ride to this party!"

"I didn't ask for that!" you pushed your back up against Steve's as you each took out targets as they approached. "He was just being nice!"

"Men aren't nice, (Y/N)," Clint said as he shook his head, doing his best to focus on both you and the job in front of him. "He wants something!"

"You're an idiot!"

"Cap, back me up here! I'm right!"

Steve swung his shield around to block a shot that was aimed at you, groaning at your ability to fight each other while fighting an army of robots from every direction. "Barton, you realize that we're men, right? You're sabotaging all of us good ones!" When he turned back, one of the robots grabbed him by the throat, but you quickly spun to shoot it down.

"Thank you, Steve! See? There are good ones!"

"I know I'm right, (Y/N)!"

"If you two could focus, please! Is this really important right now?"

"Yes!" you both yelled at the Captain. He threw up his hands and continued the fight but refused to speak to either of you until you were back home, and maybe not even then if you couldn't get it together.

~~~

A few days after the battle was over and the team was moving between the tower and the new training facility, you finally found a free minute to talk to Pietro about what had happened that day in Sokovia. Clint was back home at his farm, and would be for at least the next month, so you knew you had the freedom to talk without worrying about your overprotective big brother interfering.

He was with Wanda when you finally found time to look for him, and you did your best to cover the nerves that you were feeling once you approached. You took a moment to look at him differently; more than your teammate, and more than someone you were just getting to know. He was definitely attractive, and he had been nothing but polite and respectful to you so far. Clint had to be wrong.