War is Anything But Civil (Loki/Avengers x reader)

"Screw this, I'm on Thor's team," you huffed, walking away from Steve and Tony, still bickering about how their groups would be split for the snowball fight that Stark had insisted on having. Clearly, he had woken in a competitive mood today, and you were all dragged into it whether you liked it or not.

"But, my Lady (Y/N), I have no team of my own. I've been called to duty to serve with Steve."

"Change of plans, big guy," you chuckled, grabbing his arm and pulling him towards the small shelter you had built from the new-fallen snow at the center of Central Park. "We're going rogue. How's your aim?"

"My aim is superior," Thor laughed with a deep rumble in his chest, "I plan to be victorious, do not worry." He stopped and took your hand, looking carefully at the surroundings as if he were searching for something in particular. "Wait, we can't hide until he arrives."

The familiar flutter of anxiety filled your chest, knowing immediately who he was waiting for, worried that he would receive a less-than-warm reception from the rest of the team. "Thor, please tell me that you're waiting for anyone other than Loki. Maybe you meant 'she'. Lady Sif, perhaps?"

A wide smile grew across his lips as he looked at you, a mischievous glimmer in his eye. This was the look of trouble that you weren't ready for; you hadn't seen Loki in months, and his last visit ended in an argument that made it clear that you never wanted to see him again. Thor turned away, again searching for his mystery guest.

"If I told you that," he smirked, "then I would be lying."

~~~

The teams were formed and shelters were built, line after line of snowballs sitting ready to be thrown at the enemy on each side. Steve took command of Sam, Bucky and Wanda, who really didn't want to participate; you pegged her as a fast and easy target. Tony would lead Rhodey, Natasha, Clint and Vision, who felt as interested in the battle as Wanda; another easy target. Thor had agreed to form his own team, much to the displeasure of Steve and Tony, each having wanted the powerful Asgardian on their side. Loki had arrived, with Scott joining your team when he stumbled upon the group after finding the tower empty.

"So wait," you asked Scott, "if you shrink down with a snowball in your hand, couldn't that do some damage if you throw it? We don't want anyone to get hurt."

"I've got this," he said with a wink, "we're going to win, you watch-"

His words were cut short when a chunk of compacted snow slapped across his face, knocking him off balance. "No time for trash-talk, bug boy! You're out!" Sam called out, reaching down for another.

"What the hell, man?" Scott asked, rubbing the stinging red mark that covered nearly half of his face. "Dirty play!"

Sam pulled his arm back and grinned, "you want another? Step out."

With Scott sulking away to the sidelines, you ducked down behind your shelter and loaded your arms, readying yourself for battle. "Thor, you need to focus on Steve and Bucky, because I know they're gonna work together and you're strong enough to take them on. Loki, you try to take out Tony and Rhodey. I'm going to hit Wanda and Vision first, since they don't want to play anyway, then Nat and Clint are going down. Sam is just fair game to whoever can hit him first."

"I've missed this," Loki chuckled, "this commanding side of you. It's a very attractive trait, (Y/N)."

You acted as if you hadn't heard him, even though you clearly did, keeping your focus on the task at hand and not allowing him to get into your head. "Alright, boys. There's no honor in a loss. Not to this group, anyway."