Hot Yoga (Steve Rogers x reader)

Steve stood outside of the yoga studio, staring through the large window at the people bent awkwardly and twisting into positions that couldn't possibly be comfortable.  His eyes were wide and you had some idea of what he was thinking, but it was the first time that your best friend was completely speechless in front of you since you met him.

"Are we the only two going to this?" he whispered, still staring straight ahead.  You could see him swallow heavily as he watched, laughing quietly to yourself at the sight of a nervous Steve.

"I think so, yeah.  It doesn't seem like Tony took Christmas very seriously this year, huh?"

When he finally turned to face you, his body relaxed slightly at the idea that you might be just as unsure of this as he was, knowing that he wasn't suffering with the thought of it alone.  "Are you sure you wanna go in there?"  He turned back and cocked his head to the side as he watched, "I don't know if I can even bend that way."

"Come on, you big chicken, we're doing this."  You grabbed his arm and pulled him into the studio, immediately hit with a wave of heat as you swung the door open.  "So 'hot yoga' isn't some innuendo then?  It's actually hot?"

Steve reached up to wipe a few small beads of sweat from his brow that had immediately begun to form, both from the heat of the room and the heightened sense of anxiety.  The instructor nodded towards you and pointed to a corner at the back of the room; a man of Steve's size needed the space, but you were more than happy to be away from the center of attention and away from the window that faced the busy street.

"Unroll your mat over here, and I'll go there."  You began to set up, but the instructor was approaching with a broad smile on her face that you were certain appeared at the sight of Captain America in her studio. It happened everywhere you went together.

"Hello, welcome to our little class!" she exclaimed, holding her hand out to him and yet to acknowledge you. "It's really an honor to have you here, Captain."  She shook his hand so enthusiastically that his entire arm moved with her two hands that encompassed his.  He pulled his hand back quickly and reached out to you, brining you in tightly at his side.

"Thank you, we're...happy...to be here.  Let's get started then, shall we?"

Her smile dropped ever so slightly; so faintly that you may have missed it if you hadn't been watching for it, surprised at yourself at how you felt satisfaction from her disappointment. "Absolutely, let's get started!" She moved back towards the front of the room and brought the room to attention, no longer staring at Steve as she had been since he walked in.  "Alright, everyone, welcome to today's couple's session!  Let's warm up before we get to the good stuff!"

You rolled your eyes and looked at Steve, who appeared to be holding his breath with his eyes squeezed tightly shut.  He turned his head towards you and opened his eyes slowly, doing his best to reign in his nerves in front of everyone. 

"Tony Stark is a dead man," he hissed under his breath.  "Dead."

~~~

"My hand goes where?"

"There's no way I can bend like that."

"I have to be the bottom plank, (Y/N).  I'll crush you."

"See?  I told you."

"Okay, class, for the next pose we're going to do the 'down dog assist'.  One partner will be face down to the floor with their arms outstretched, and the other will mimic the same pose on top of them.  Watch here to see what it should look like." 

As the instructor took on the pose with another member of the group, Steve sighed and shook his head, hesitantly taking his spot on the floor.  He looked at you with a smirk and a mischievous grin once he was in place, and you wondered if he might even be enjoying himself now.