Just Dance (Pietro Maximoff x reader)

"Now I see why you never got that dance, Rogers," Clint laughed, but silenced quickly by the audible gasp and jeers from everyone around him.

"Too far, Barton," Tony scolded, "even for me, man, that's just too far."

"I don't see you doing much better, Hawkeye," Steve huffed, stepping away from the screen, "those amazing reflexes don't work for everything, I suppose. There's only so much use for hand-eye coordination, really."

"Ooooh, Cap that was cold," you smirked, "I think they kept you on deep freeze a little too long."

"Nice," Tony whispered, stretching from the couch next to you to extend his hand to connect with yours, "I knew I liked you for a reason."

"Other than the fact that I'm your niece?"

He sat back and laughed, shaking his head, "sweetheart, just because we're related, it has no bearing on if I like you or not. Alright," he called out to the group, "who's the next sucker to make a fool of themselves?"

"I happen to be very good at this game," Pietro offered, stepping onto the open floor and turning to give you a challenging look, holding his hand out in offering. "I think our newest member should show us her skills."

You nearly choked on your drink, laughing and coughing as you set it down on the table and grabbed a napkin to cover your mouth. "Good one, Maximoff. I could take you down without even trying."

"I might enjoy that," he replied with a wide smile that was quickly dashed when he glanced at Tony, who was doing his best overprotective uncle expression. "I meant, I would enjoy the challenge."

You threw off your shoes and joined him, standing with your arms folded as you waited and waited for him to pick a song. "Sometime today, perhaps?" you snickered as you watched the titles scroll across the screen. "You know if you just...what? Did you really just pick Britney Spears? You do know what year it is, right?"

"What's wrong with my song choice?"

"Nothing," you conceded, "just start it up." You turned towards Tony and winked, leaning in to talk quietly, "I only mastered this one about ten years ago, that's all."

"Make me proud, kiddo."

As the song started, Pietro was doing pretty well, but you weren't feeling any challenge to it. You knew that the moves would get harder as the song progressed, but you had played so many times that you weren't worried and were able to keep an eye on him in your periphery. The song began to build and quicken, and you couldn't help but laugh at his struggle; he was having difficulty regulating his own speed with the changing rhythms in the music. He finally tripped over his own feet and landed with a firm thud on the floor, raising his arms in the air in defeat.

"I don't know what happened!"

"You talked too big, that's what happened," you chuckled, reaching down to offer your hand to help him up. "What is it with you guys, anyway, always trying to out-do the other? If you're trying to show off for my benefit, don't worry." You pulled him to stand in front of you, reaching out to smooth the material of his shirt, slowly running your hand across his chest. "You're not my type," you said quietly, turning to walk away with a smile.

Tony stifled a laugh, waiting to hear what Pietro would say at your rejection, knowing that the Sokovian had wanted your attention since you arrived, but also knowing that he would never get it. "You should probably let the poor kid off the hook, (Y/N). Those sad puppy eyes are just too much."

"Hey, (Y/N), if you're done playing games with these dorks, we have a date."

You perked up at the sound of Natasha's voice, patting Pietro on the shoulder as you passed him to join her. "And she's a much better dancer," you whispered.