Christmas Compilation (multiple short vignettes)

Stuffed

Hanging decorations at the Avengers tower was a challenge to say the least, and no one was really excited to help you, even the one person who should be required to do so, your boyfriend, Steve. This was your first Christmas as a part of the team so you didn't have a frame of reference for past celebrations, but the group didn't really seem big on holiday spirit this year. If you were going to be a part of this bah-humbug group from now on, they would need a push to get their attitudes changed, and since this was your favorite holiday, you felt that you were just the person to do it.

"Steve, get off your butt and help me. I'm too short for this."

He looked up from his tablet and jumped up quickly when he saw you struggling and your foot about to slip from the chair you were perilously balancing on. He grabbed your waist and lifted you into the air enough so that you could reach your goal and hang the last string of lights around the top of the Christmas tree. He was about to lower you to the ground when you stopped him and pointed to the box of remaining decorations.

"Nope. Star. Shoulders."

Steve huffed and lifted you onto his shoulders, tossing the tree star up for you to catch. You placed it quickly and gave him a small pat on the top of his head, "see, you big Grinch? You can help and it didn't even hurt."

"Oh, is that how it is?" he chuckled, digging his finger tips into your sides and tickling you until you squealed and nearly fell from your perch. "You might want to be a little nicer if you expect me to help you finish, (Y/N)." He walked over to the couch and bent back slightly, grabbing your legs to release you and drop you onto the soft cushions with a thump.

"Rude, Rogers, very rude."

"Hey, (Y/N)," Tony called out from the kitchen, "what's this list hanging here? I'm getting a bad feeling that you've got something up your sleeve."

"That's what each person is making for dinner tomorrow night. Since you guys wouldn't let me do Thanksgiving, we're making up for it now." Standing to grab more decorations, you looked up at Steve, who's face had changed from jovial only moments ago to slightly annoyed and a little scared. "Don't give me that face, Steve. You're helping too. No one is safe."

"That's just it, (Y/N). No one is safe because none of us can cook."

~~~

The next afternoon you had gathered everyone in the kitchen and assigned their dishes to prepare, going so far as to lay out everything they would need in an attempt to have an edible end result. Next to each group of items you had left an apron and a personalized Santa hat that you insisted they wear, hoping that their sense of Christmas cheer would strike at any moment. The room filled with groans and grumbles, mumbling sounds of curses and empty threats as they each put on their gifts and got to work.

"No, Stark, I called the oven next, back off."

"(Y/N), we need more flour. Oh, wait...that says only one cup. Well, we're still out and I need to start over."

"Hypothetically, how long can something sit on the floor before it's no longer safe to eat?"

"(Y/N), please explain why I should be inclined to place assorted vegetables into the posterior of this deceased bird."

It only took about an hour for your headache to really kick in, forcing you to step away from the chaos for a few minutes to desperately search for anything to take the pain away. You jogged to your room to grab some ibuprofen from your purse, throwing them into your mouth quickly so you could get back to monitoring the team's progress, but your pace became urgent when the fire alarms sounded overhead.