Kneel Before Me (Loki x reader)

"It is the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation."

Steve was about to jump from the rear of the plane, but you grabbed his arm before he could let go of the fuselage, nodding out towards the god who had stunned the large group into silence. "You're no match for him, Captain."

"Thanks, ma'am. That boost of confidence was all I needed." He pulled his arm away and dropped to the ground below; Natasha held position, waiting for you to follow.

"Give him hell," she smirked, waiting for your feet to touch solid ground before pulling the aircraft higher and behind you, it's guns drawn at the ready.

"The last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everyone else, we ended up disagreeing."

"The soldier," Loki panted, "the man out of time." He stood fully and looked from Steve to you, a dark but mischievous glimmer in his eyes, "and a woman misguided, I believe." He took a few slow steps towards you, his hand reached out but not coming close enough for contact. "You belong at my side. I can see your true heart, and it's not here."

You were shaken slightly by his attention, but you held your ground, standing next to the new guy covered in stars and spandex, immediately feeling vulnerable against his powers. Even with Natasha in the jet overhead, you knew this wouldn't end well. Steve took a step closer and pushed himself between you and the Asgardian, now filling the god with a new anger and pushing the Captain to his knees.

"Kneel before me!"

As the fight began, Steve faltered only slightly, surprisingly holding is own against your better judgment that he was no match. You stood silently and unwavering from a vantage point near the jet, waiting until Steve needed your assistance. When he was finally held to the ground and unable to retaliate, you leapt forward to engage Loki, but his hand raised slowly and ominously, wordlessly commanding you to stop.

"And what, my dear, are we to do with you?" He continued to hold Steve down, but his entire focus was on you. "Do you want me to release him?" he asked, his head turning back to look at your new teammate, "or is he just going to be in our way? We can't have that, now can we?"

Without a chance to reply, you jumped slightly when Loki was shot back with a hard crash to the ground, Iron Man now towering over him and quickly joined by Steve to keep him there. "Make your move, Reindeer Games."

~~~

After a minor altercation with another Asgardian that levelled a descent chunk of forest, you were back on the hellicarrier, waiting to watch as Director Fury secured Loki in his cell. Every screen around the table was alight with his face; it drew you in somehow, and all you wanted was to talk to him yourself.

"It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me."

"Built for something a lot stronger than you."

As you looked at the people around the table with you, you never felt more out of place. Doctor Banner was enthralled with what Loki was saying, tipping back and forth slightly as he listened. Steve looked like he was only barely interested, as if his mind were somewhere else completely. Natasha eagerly waited for Loki to say anything at all about Clint, and the new guy, Thor, was looking away with his chin thoughtfully rested in his hand. With so many people wrapped up in their own agendas, it was crazy for Fury to think that this could ever be a team.

"He kinda grows on you, doesn't he?" the doctor chuckled as the screens darkened. You felt his eyes shift to you, as if he knew that your mind was elsewhere; that it was in the belly of the ship, calling you to go to the man who had your complete interest. "(Y/N)? You still with us?"