You're Either Very Brave, or Very Stupid (Rogers x reader)

"This was the worst idea you've ever had, Steve."

"Sweetheart, I've had a lot of bad ideas in my day, but this is not one of them," he replied with a smirk that you swore made those blue eyes of his sparkle even more. "Just stick with me, you'll be fine." He grabbed your hand and all but dragged you into the jet, dropping you into one of the jump seats and watching until you were fully secured before fastening his own harness. "Okay, Barton, take us up."

"Okaaaaay..." you sighed to yourself, doing your best to calm your nerves and the rolling waves of nausea that were trying to incapacitate you. You had been with the team for only six months or so, and somehow you had managed to avoid this skill; you had never needed to jump from the jet before. When Clint opened his big mouth and Steve had heard about it, you were on the jet within minutes.

"You're really going to be okay, (Y/N)," Steve said reassuringly, resting his hand over yours but pulling it back when he felt the tremble in it. "Hey, I'm gonna be with you. I won't let anything happen. You trust me, right?"

All you could do was nod silently, closing your eyes tightly to focus on what you had learned in training about mid-air jumps, and feeling your anxiety growing when your memory wasn't performing up to its normal standard. Frantically throwing off your harness, you swung your pack forward to do one last review of where the primary and secondary parachute pull cords were.

"If they fail, just land on me."

"That's not funny, Steve."

"It wasn't meant to be," he replied with a completely straight face. He sat quietly and watched as you checked and double-checked your gear, finally interrupting when you began a third check. "You see? That's why I don't even use one of those things anymore. Just too much to screw up."

"Wait, you're not gonna wear one?" you gasped, staring at him in disbelief. "Cap, you aren't jumping alone, here. I kinda need you in one piece to make sure that I stay in one piece too."

"I told you," he paused, grabbing your pack and holding it so you could slide your arms in, "I won't let anything happen. Seriously, trust me." He grabbed the straps and used them to turn you towards him, checking each clasp and tie to be sure that you were secure, both for your own peace of mind and for a little bit of his own. "Just be sure that you jump when I tell you to so we don't get too far apart."

"Oh, I'm gonna vomit," you mumbled under your breath. "If I puke on you, it's your own damn fault, Steve."

"We're at the drop zone, Cap," Clint called from the cockpit. You considered begging him to save you from Steve's plan, but when you looked at him you could tell that he was enjoying this just as much as Rogers and that you were completely screwed. You were doing this.

Steve threw off his harness and stood to secure the shield onto his back. It felt as if he were moving in slow motion as you watched him open the jet door, then reach down to release your harness when you appeared frozen in place. He took your hand and forcibly pulled against your resistance for you to take your place for the jump.

"You're really not wearing a parachute?"

"Nope," he grinned and took a few steps to the edge of the platform, looking down to gauge his jump and preparing to take the leap first.

"You're either very brave or very stupid!" you yelled over the howling winds from the door, watching for Steve to take the final step over the edge.

"Why can't I be both?" he called back with a wide grin, taking an unexpected long stride forward to grab the front of your uniform, pulling you out into the wide open sky with him.