I Told You So (Stark x reader)

"You've never liked anyone that I've dated, Tony. It's hard for me to take your opinion seriously."

"That's because they're all a-holes."

"I dated you," you smirked.

"And my point is made." Tony stepped away for just a moment, answering the buzzing phone in the pocket of his tuxedo jacket. "Excuse me, sweetheart, be right back."

You nodded silently, turning to smooth the silk of your wedding dress and check your make-up one final time. Looking at the white dress was supposed to make you happy, wasn't it? You stared at yourself blankly, waiting for the tears of happiness to hit you, like you had been told they were going to, but they never came. Your soon-to-be husband had been almost intolerable in the past few weeks before the wedding, more moody and angry with you than usual. He had said that his job was really stressful, so you always gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was just overworked, and now you gave him leeway for wedding stress, but a part of you worried that this was who he was going to be from now on.

"Hey, (Y/N), we need to talk."

Tony's voice startled you from your thoughts, giving your dress a final smoothing before turning to face him. "Can it wait? I have something to do first," you smirked, spinning yourself in front of him. "Kinda hard to reschedule."

"No, it can't," he said with a stern expression, taking your hand and pulling you close, handing you his phone with the screen filled with information about your fiancé. "Try to stay calm, okay? My timing really sucks, I know, but you're not doing this."

"Hmm," you hummed through tight lips as you read the information on the screen, seeing the intel that proved that the man waiting for you right now was HYDRA. "Okay, so go ahead and gloat, Tony. Let's just get it out there now."

Tony looked at you completely confused, having expected you to blow up, or cry, or anything more than the reaction you were giving him. He knew that you were tough, but this was a pretty extreme situation to hold in. "(Y/N)? Is that all you're going to say? For me to react?"

"Oh, I'm going to react, honey, don't you worry," you sighed, handing his phone back to him before turning back to the mirror. "But first, you need to walk me out there."

"No, (Y/N), there's no way in hell that I'm walking you to that guy. You've completely lost your mind if you think that's going to happen." He approached you to take your arm, but you didn't see him and took a step forward before his fingers connected. Reaching into your bag you pulled out your handgun and slipped it into your garter.

"Tony, come on. My entire side of the church is made up of Avengers and SHIELD agents, and he knows it. I guarantee that his side is filled with HYDRA idiots. There's gonna be blood on the floor. Did you bring the suit?"

"Why on Earth would I bring my suit to your wedding?!" he said loudly, his hands in the air in exasperation as he turned and motioned to an empty room.

"Because it's you?"

He stopped and took a deep breath, his shoulders relaxing with his long exhalation, "yeah, it's in the car."

~~~

Tony held onto your arm with a grip that almost hurt, but you didn't say anything, knowing that he was growing more and more nervous with each step closer to the altar. Your no-longer-going-to-be husband watched as you approached, his disdain for Tony clearly written across his face. He knew that Tony hated him already, but little did he know how much stronger those feelings were now. You gave him a complacent smile, turned to accept a kiss on the cheek from Tony, then took a few steps up to your place next to him.