Wanda (Wanda Maximoff x reader)

You felt it deep in your chest, deep in your soul, when Pietro died. The pain coursed thru your veins like molten lava, your tears stinging your face as they flowed. He was your love, your partner, your reason for being. In the years that you had spent with him and his sister Wanda, you became a family of your own when you had no other. Even when the pain of the experiments became almost too much to take, the three of you were determined to help each other survive; you would all make it through together, or not at all.

Pietro could see your powers for the beauty they could create, not the destruction that Hydra wanted to use them for. He was patient as you learned to control them, as you were for him when his speed became almost uncontrollable. It didn't take long to fall in love, and to form the bond that you felt ripping you apart now. Even though you had been separated for months now, it had been there all along.

When the Avengers first attacked Strucker's base, the twins escaped, believing you to be behind them as they ran. When the guards were alerted to the disappearance, you were quickly locked away and taken to another lab to be kept hidden from the world, and from the twins. Pietro was forced to leave you behind, as much as it destroyed him to do so. He had promised himself that he would return once he knew he could keep Wanda safe. You now know that the day would never come.

~~~

In the months that followed, your powers grew to strengths that you never thought possible. Your control and manipulation of the elements was easy for you now, almost without thought. Without your family, you had nothing in life other than your power to keep you sane, so you practiced. You controlled both fire and ice, wind and water, and began to work with a control of gravity. It began to feel like your power would one day become limitless.

"We are under attack!"

You were jolted from your studies by the sounds of yelling and gunfire, loud explosions and shaking ground beneath you. Running to the control center of the base, you gasped when you saw them on the monitors.

The Avengers.

"I'll take care of this." Determined, you commanded the door open with your mind, focusing on your targets and how you would stop them. They were the reason he was gone, and they would have to pay for that; they would have to pay dearly. Stepping into the sunlight, you were taken aback by the glare burning your eyes; most days were lived underground, and acclimation to the light was slow, if at all. With an almost unnoticeable twitch of your finger, the clouds gathered and moved to block the sunlight, darkening the battlefield quickly.

"Guys?" The group had stopped briefly to question the sudden change. The redhead, Black Widow, was only a few feet away, unaware that you were watching her. You brought a strong wind towards her, pushing her back against a nearby tree. With barely any effort, you withdrew the roots from the ground, wrapping them around her to keep her firmly in place until you decided what to do with her.

Shots hit at your feet, fired by a man in a metal suit flying overhead, having seen what you had just done to his teammate. You recognized Iron Man, a leader in the attack on Strucker. If there was ever a time to quickly master gravitational manipulation, it was now. You closed your eyes for just a moment and felt the weight of the earth within you, pulling you down with a strength that you struggled to control. Your body gathered the force and pushed it away towards him, draining you for a moment as you dropped to your knees and watched the man being pulled to the ground.

"Son of a bitch! Someone needs to take that chick out! Cap, watch your back!"

You stood quickly when the next man approached, throwing his shield in your direction. It was easy to deflect, sealing it in ice; ice that now shot forth from your hands to encase Captain America as well. The ice crept up his legs as he struggled to break free; this one was much stronger than the others and you needed your full concentration to hold him.