Head Over Feet/Love (Wanda Maximoff x reader)

Head over feet: The beginning- Based on the song Head Over Feet by Alanis Morissette

I had no choice but to hear you

You stated your case time and again

I thought about it

"Give me one good reason, (Y/N). Why are you fighting something that you know you want?"

Your cheeks felt hot and you knew how red they must have become listening to her attempts to persuade you. Your feelings for Wanda had come on fast and powerfully; you hadn't felt this way for anyone before, and the ferocity now was shocking to you but obvious to everyone around you.

"We're teammates, Wanda. What if this all goes wrong? What if we can't work together anymore?" You took a few steps closer to her, doing your best to hold eye contact, when all you wanted to do was look away and run from her. "I don't know if this is a good idea."

She smiled brightly, and you could have sworn that you saw a hint of red flash through her eyes. "But, my darling, what if it's the best idea we've ever had?"

You treat me like I'm a princess

I'm not used to liking that

You ask how my day was

Your love is thick and it swallowed me whole

You're so much braver than I gave you credit for

That's not lip service

"(Y/N), come in. (Y/N), what's your location?" Steve's comm was met with static, and you didn't hear his call out for you. He looked at Wanda, who was now in a state of near panic. "Nothing. Do you get any read on her?"

"No, I've tried." She looked around frantically, turning in any direction that she thought she may have heard something that could have been you. The team hadn't been able to locate you for nearly an hour now and they were beginning to think the worst. "Captain, I'm not leaving until I find her."

"I never said we should leave," he sighed, jogging up to Tony, who had just emerged from the woods next to the battle site. "Stark, you got anything for me?" He looked back at Wanda, who was now standing completely motionless with her hands outstretched as if she were trying to feel your presence in the air around her. "She's barely holding it together."

The face of Tony's suit opened, and his face was sunken and tired, "Cap, I've got no signal on her, no life signs anywhere in the area. I don't see a good ending to this." His eyes widened and he turned away when Wanda approached with her hands poised to strike against him.

"I will not accept that. Do you understand?" Her voice trailed off and her eyes closed; moments later a faint smile crossed her lips. "There," she whispered, "there she is." Tony and Steve followed close behind as she ran towards you, desperate to know if you were alive or dead. Her heart sank when she saw you, unconscious, beaten, and barely alive. She dropped to the ground next to you and covered your body with her own to keep you warm until they could move you.

"I'm here, my love. I'm here."

You are the bearer of unconditional things

You held your breath and the door for me

Thanks for your patience

I've never felt this healthy before

I've never wanted something rational

I am aware now

In the weeks that followed, Wanda was always at your side as you recovered and regained your strength. When you were finally released from the infirmary and given the approval to return to duty, it terrified her that she might see you hurt again. Even after watching you train with Steve, and win, you might add, she wasn't convinced.