I Am a Grownup (Avengers x reader)

This works as a follow up to "Nice Try", also in this book!

"You're sure it will only last four hours, right?"

"I am certain," Loki chuckled, anxious to get the fun going so his ultimate payback in pranking could teach you the lesson that he so desperately wanted to give.  "Besides, Thor will remain as he is so that you feel safe knowing I'm being watched, or so I'm told." 

"Well, then, I'm in," Tony laughed, clapping his hands together and looking around the room at the team.  "That girl has pranked us all one too many times, but this time we're going to get her good.  We owe her this.  Who's with me?"

"I'm definitely in."

"Me!"

"Guys, I'm not sure if this is such a good idea."

"Can it, Banner.  He's in too."

"You've got JARVIS capturing all of this, right?"

Steve sat at the far end of the lounge, shaking his head with a huge grin crossing his lips.  "She's gonna pay for those spiders once and for all."

You really did have this coming, being the prankster that you were, with your methods both severe and effective.  No member of the team had been safe; even Loki had been at the receiving end of your work.  It was because of this that he was so willing to help them now, and willing to risk your wrath.

"Okay, let's do it," the Captain sighed with a smirk.  "So go young, Loki, but not like, diapers young.  Some dignity needs to be maintained."

~~~

"Lady (Y/N)!  (Y/N), I need your assistance!" Thor called out, standing in the lounge with a smile that he struggled to contain.  The sound of children laughing and talking filled the room, leading him to struggle even more, looking down at his age-regressed teammates.

You ran into the room at the sound of his urgency, stopping cold in your tracks at the sight.  There were five children surrounding him, dressed in the over-sized clothes that your teammates were wearing when you had last seen them only an hour before.  A cold chill ran down your spine, and your mind immediately filled with Loki and how you were going to punish him for this.

"Thor, you've got to be joking.  Did Loki do this?  This isn't funny!"

"I need your assistance, (Y/N).  I must leave and can't take them with me.  You will need to care for them for the next three hours and forty-five minutes, precisely."  Before you could argue and beg him to stay, he was gone in a literal flash of lightning.

"(Y/N), these pants don't fit," the small Tony whined, looking down at the floor and the pile of material around his ankles.  "And I don't have on any underpants."

Tony

After finding enough safety pins to hold up a pair of underwear, you decided to take Tony to his lab so that he would have something familiar that could keep his active mind occupied and quiet for the few hours before he returned to his adult age.  Once the door opened, however, he recoiled back and took your hand; you felt a tremor in it as he squeezed, and a hesitancy to enter the room at all.

"Hey, what's wrong?" you asked, squatting down to look at him.  "This is your lab, Tony.  You can go in."

"No, I can't.  I'm not supposed to touch anything or I get yelled at." His voice was so quiet and timid that you couldn't believe this was Tony Stark in front of you.  "I've broken too many things, so I can't go in there."

"Oh, Tony," you sighed, pulling him into a hug, "sweetie, no one here is going to yell at you, okay? How about if I come in with you and you can see that I'm telling the truth?  I mean, I don't have a clue what most of it is anyway, so if you did break something, I'd never know the difference, right?"