I'm Going to Count to 3 (Rogers/Stark x reader)

It had been a long week for the team, on a mission as a full group, crammed into the jet and having to stay in close quarters every night with barely any sleep before the next day of work. It was a test of character for sure, as well as their determination to not kill each other in the process of saving the world. Once everyone was back home at the tower, things had gone back to normal fairly quickly and the team was back into their own routines.

Unfortunately, your routine included arguing with your boyfriend, Steve.

"Banner, can you hand me that wave generator over there?"

"If you take two steps to the left you could get it yourself," Bruce sighed, not moving from his work station.

"I could, sure, but then why do I have you-" Tony's words were cut off by your loud voices and crashing from the gym directly below, feeling the shake in the floor under his feet. "You've got to be kidding me. We've only been home an hour."

"Let it be, Tony," Bruce warned, "those two could crush you and you know it."

The commotion continued for several minutes until he couldn't stand it any longer and it began to affect his own work. He slammed his tablet onto the table and stormed out, but Bruce knew better and didn't follow. When he reached the gym, Tony stood at the door and watched you with Steve, sparring for training, but working at your full strength and clearly using it as an outlet for your current argument.

"I never said that!" Steve hollered, flipping you onto your back. "I swear you never listen to anything I say!"

You kicked your leg up to catch his stomach, thrusting him back harshly so that you could stand. Pushing your foot against the wall, you leapt up and wrapped your legs around his neck, twisting to drop him to the floor. "You never say anything that I want to hear anyway!" you growled.

"I've got a great idea, how about if you two get it together and stop destroying my tower?"

You hadn't realized that Tony was there, or you probably would have stopped long before now. Clearing your throat in embarrassment, you released Steve and stood, smoothing out your workout shirt and grabbing a towel to wipe the sweat from your face. "Sorry, Tony. We got a bit more...enthusiastic than I expected." You threw a towel to Steve, not making eye contact as the disagreement was far from over.

"Yeah, we'll clean up and be on our way," Steve agreed, "we can finish this later."

Tony took the few steps down from the entry and to the gym floor, standing between the two of you, looking to Steve and then to you, frustrated that he was being brought into our problems. "What's gotten into you guys? All you do is fight. If you're so unhappy, just break up already."

"I'm not unhappy," you said quietly, "we're just strongly opinionated people who don't always agree."

"And she has a temper," Steve mumbled to himself.

"I heard that."

"Of course you did," he groaned, "now you listen."

You threw your towel down on the bench and rested your hands on your hips, leaning to look past Tony, "you know what, Rogers? I've just about had it with you and this adolescent attitude of yours."

"Okay, that's it!" Tony grabbed your arm and reached over to Steve, pushing you both in front of him and into one of the gym's storage closets before either of you had a chance to react. "You stay in here until you can get your shit together and either figure out a way to get along or move on." He pushed the door shut and leaned against it until FRIDAY could secure the lock.

"FRIDAY, no one gets out until I say so, you got it?"

"Yes, boss."

~~~