I Didn't Say You Could Leave (Clint Barton x reader)

"I think you and I need a vacation. A real vacation. If we get this excited about a quick cross-country flight in a cramped jet, that smells like sweaty old gym socks, we need a vacation." Your nose was crinkled up at the thought, seriously considering asking for a jet for just the women on the team.

"Hey, come on! It's a nice jet! I really like this one." Clint's face looks genuinely hurt by this. "And I don't smell anything."

Laughing, you pointed your finger at him, gently poking his arm. "See? That's my point exactly! You guys don't even notice!" Your laugh slowly died away, leaving you to contemplate Clint's original thought about finally getting time for a vacation. Even a short time away from the team and the pressure of missions would be invaluable. "So, where should we go?"

He opened his mouth to reply but was interrupted by a call from Tony. "Hey, lovebirds, did you guys get there yet or you taking the scenic route? Again."

'We're about 15 minutes out, Stark. Calm down." You stood to prepare your gear, your goal to make a silent entrance and a quick getaway. "I'll signal you when we land, and when we're clear."

You could hear the exasperation in Tony's voice, even over your comm. "Okay," he sighed, "okay, but make it fast, kids. The item you're looking for is a highly unstable power source. It should be-"

"Woah, woah, (Y/N)! Buckle up! We're taking fire! Can you see from where?!" Clint was frantically pulling at the controls, trying to level out the jet. "Stark, I think we're gonna need some backup here!" But his words were never heard by Tony; the comm system was no longer working. You could only hope that the sudden radio silence would clue him in to bring help; help that would take two hours to even reach you.

Searching the terrain below, you couldn't spot the source. It was heavily wooded, and not the best place to try to safely land an out of control jet. "It's too dense down there, I can't see anything." The jet rocked as you grabbed the roll bar next to your head. Adrenaline was now surging thru you, your hands beginning to shake just a bit. "You know, it's times like these that I wish I had just stayed working the ER. 'Avengers Team Physician' doesn't sound so prestigious anymore. Last time I let my boyfriend talk me into things like this." A small wave of nausea washed over you, your sense of direction now just a jumbled mess.

"You can't say no to this face, sweetheart!" The jet began to shake violently now, Clint's hands barely able to maintain their grip. As another shot hit, the controls went blank.

"Hang on, (Y/N)! We're going in!"

~~~

"(Y/N)?" Your eyes opened as you heard Clint, his voice quiet and strained. How long was I out? "(Y/N), say something, please." Groaning and struggling to move, you rolled to your side to see your boyfriend, broken and bleeding at your side. He had carried you from the jet after the crash, a safe distance away, but unknowingly right into the line of fire. His bow was broken and lying next to him, his arrows spent. "I think I got 'em all." He coughed with his words, wincing in pain with each breath.

"Hey, hey, I'm awake. I'm right here." Pulling yourself to your knees, you crawled to him. The pain in your head was getting worse; you put your hand to your forehead, pulling it away covered in your own blood. "Ugh, no wonder that stings."

Looking him over quickly, you began removing his uniform to see the extent of his injuries. "Honey, I need to get supplies from the jet. Clint, open your eyes and look at me, okay?" He opened one eye slowly, for only a moment. "I'm going to be right back, I promise."

As you pulled yourself along the side of the crashed machine, you felt for your earpiece, somehow still intact. "Tony? Tony..." your voice wavered as dizziness grabbed you, making you stumble. There was no reply. You could only hope that he was on the way after your communications went down. Once inside the jet, you grabbed your medical supplies and made your way back to Clint.