Night out on the town

Nicole

"Rodney you act like I didn't tell you on purpose" I said, going into my closet to pick out something to wear for today.

Rodney and I had been on the phone for about an hour now. He called himself trying to go off on me for not inviting him to my birthday dinner.

"That's cause you didn't Nicole, don't try to play me for no fool man. You know good and damn well you purposely didn't mention it to me."

I rolled my eyes, resting the phone between my neck and my ear "It was just family and friends Rodney." I said, looking through the white section of clothes in my closet.

I heard him smack his lips "So I'm not your friend now?" 

"You wanna be more than my friend"

"Yeah but you scared of your brother"

I bit my bottom lip to keep from cursing his stupid ass out. One thing I hate when I talk to guys is for them to automatically assume I was scared to do stuff because of Nic. Rodney has that shit bad and it's annoying as hell.

I picked out a white Chanel shirt that had the Chanel symbol on it in rhinestones "I'm not scared of my brother."

"Oh yeah well let's do something tonight then"

I went over to my jean rack and chose a pair of light washed ripped boyfriend jeans "Fine with me, where to?"

I heard shuffling on the other end before he started to speak again "Dinner then to a club or some shit"

"Ok, around eight?" I asked

"Yeah that's cool, I'ma pick you up"

"K" I hung up the phone, sitting down at my vanity table to do my hair and makeup. Once I was finished I went into the kitchen, seeing Nic with his arms wrapped around some girl as she mixed up what looked like eggs.

He was so engaged into her that he didn't see me but she did, her eyes got big as softballs before she removed his arms making him look up.

"Oh hey baby sis" He came over to me, giving me a side hug and kissing my forehead.

I gave him a closed mouth smile, grabbing his forearm and looking up at him "Who is this girl?" I asked lowly so only he could hear me.

He ran his hand over his head "Her name is Maurice and I actually like her so be nice."

I laughed a little "Nic are you serious? You Nicholas Parker actually likes somebody?"

He smirked "Look baby sis, save your lil bullshit ass jokes. Can you just be nice?"

I studied my brother's face and he really looked like he was serious about this one. I hadn't met any of the women he dealt with, but I was about to meet her so I knew she had to be something special to him.

"What's her name again?" I asked, glancing in her direction. She was adding cheese into the bowl of stirred up eggs.

"Maurice"

I nodded "Well she's pretty, that's good."

He laughed "You been knowing me all your life, when have I ever fucked with ugly women?"

I rolled my eyes, ignoring his question "She has on one of your shirts too, she stayed here last night?"

He sighed "Yes mom, anything else?"

I looked up at him "Y'all had sex?"

He laughed "No Nicole, it ain't really like that with her right now and no she ain't my girlfriend either. We just real cool."