Let's make a bet

Nicole

I slowly rose out of my bed, pushing my hair out of my face. I was still a little shaken up from last night from what happened with Rodney. I looked over at Korea who was lightly snoring, rolled up in a ball.

She finally called me back last night and since Nic wasn't home and I didn't wanna be by myself in fear of Rodney coming after me, she agreed to spend the night with me.

I went to my connected bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. After cleaning up a bit I went into the kitchen, connecting eyes with Tae who was sitting at the island eating a bowl of cereal.

I rolled my eyes "What are you doing here? Nic isn't here."

"He just left, we met up last night and came back here this morning"

I dug through the pantry, settling on a box of lucky charms "Why are you still here? Don't you have your own house to go to?"

"Yeah I do but it's lonely as fuck"

"Call up one of your hoes then" I said, pouring milk over my cereal.

He chuckled "You know I'm not as bad as you think."

I raised my eyebrows "Oh... Really?" I asked sarcastically.

"Yes really Nicole. Didn't I save you last night?"

We locked eyes, he licked over his lips making me look away quickly.

"You didn't tell Nic right?" I asked nervously, I know he said he wasn't but when dealing with a nigga like Tae you never know

He sighed like he was annoyed "I said I wasn't didn't I?"

"Yeah but I thought you might change your mind"

He took a sip of what looked like orange juice in his glass "Real niggas keep they word"

"Where's my brother?" I changed the subject, noticing Nic wasn't around anywhere.

"Went to handle some business"

I scooped some cereal into my mouth "You couldn't go handle the business with him?"

He sighed "Nope" He popped the p, taking another sip.

It was a comfortable silence for a while which I enjoyed.

"Nicole"

I looked up from my bowl "What?"

"You really hate me don't you?"

I nodded immediately "I do, and you hate me too so don't even Tae"

He laughed a little "I mean I hate you cause you started hating me. You got that smart ass mouth towards me for no reason."

"That's not what you said last night."

He smacked his lips "Cause you basically forced me to take you home and I was kind of busy."

"With those hoes?" I looked at him, scrunching my face up.

He nodded "Yup, would've fucked too if it wasn't for your ass."

"Whatever" I really wasn't worried about him. I just wanted to finish my breakfast in peace.

"Let's make a bet" He said after it grew silent again.

I groaned dramatically "Can you please leave me alone Taelor damn!"

He smirked, I knew he liked getting me frustrated and I fell for it every time.