Almost time Pt. 2

Tae

"How's it coming along in here?" I asked stepping on the plastic cover, walking into Taejin's room.

Nate looked back over his shoulder "Oh what's up Tae, I sketched out a design last night so now I'm just lining the walls." He had some blue tape in his hands.

"Look good" I looked around "Paint fumes strong as hell though, you can breath in here nigga?"

He chuckled "I'm used to it" He tore a piece of tape off.

"Thanks again for doing this man, I would've been fine with you just painting the walls gray but Nicole want you to do all this extra shi-"

He cut me off "How long y'all been together?" He asked with his back to me.

"Bout a year now"

"She love you? Like are y'all serious?

I scrunched my face up "Wh-" My phone rang cutting me off. I looked at it seeing it was nobody but Julio, he stayed calling people. I stepped out of the room, going downstairs.

"What nigga?" I answered

"Tae is- Cali be quiet before we not go nowhere!"' I heard him yelling. "Now back to what I was saying, Mia with you?"

I laughed "Yeah, why?"

Mia had been with me all morning, since I met her and my mama for breakfast earlier. When it was time to leave she asked if she could come with me and being that I wasn't doing shit and was by myself; I didn't care. Nicole was working her last shift today since her maternity leave starts tomorrow. Her co-workers were throwing her a lil baby shower at work and shit so she wouldn't be home till late.

"Cali begging me to take her to see some stupid ass cartoon movie. I was calling to see if y'all wanna come?"

"Yeah I'm sure Mia do, you picking us up or what?"

"Hell nah nigga, you got a car and a license."

I smacked my lips "You ain't shit, what time the movie start anyway?"

"Twenty minutes"

"You just now calling me?"

"Well I was hoping Cali would forget."

"We'll be there, send me the movie theater directions."

"Will do, Ima call that nigga Nic and see if he wanna tag along."

"Alright" I hung up.

Mia was on the couch watching some Disney show and eating chips. She laughed at the show like what they said was really funny, I hated new Disney. Kids will never know how lit old Disney was.

"What you watching?" I asked.

She looked at me "Liv and Maddie, you watch it?"

I shook my head "Nah I've never heard of it."

"Wanna watch it with me? It's really good."