83

Tae

I rubbed Nicole's back as she continued to sob into my chest. As soon as she got home she went right upstairs to our bedroom. I fed Taejin, gave him a bath, and put him down in his crib before joining her. She had all the light off laying flat on her stomach crying. As soon as I got in the bed she laid on me.

She explained the story to me as best she could in between her tears. I couldn't lie and say I didn't feel some type of way because I did, but I always felt like Nic was the type of nigga to turn to shit besides weed and lean when things weren't working out in his favor. He showed traits of a weak nigga but I never said anything cause he was my friend. I thought he'd turn to pills, hell even cocaine but never heroine. Nigga was tryna kill himself messing with that shit.

"How could he Tae?" She sniffed "He's better than that."

"I don't know baby, some people just weak like that. Things get tuff and they turn to that shit."

"I know Daddy's so disappointed." She cried.

I didn't say anything but I knew he was too. Mr. Parker was like a father to me growing up as well. Often times, when Nic and I would get in trouble at school or word would get back about us fucking around in the streets, I'd be scared to go to Nic's house just like him cause I knew he was going to get on my ass too. He didn't take no shit point blank period and he hated when his kids did stupid shit when they knew better. If he were still alive so much shit would be different.

Eventually she cried herself to sleep. I took a shower and left to go to Duke's.

"What's up my good man!" He answered the door with a smile on his face.

I smacked my lips brushing past him "You always playing, quit playing all the time."

When I walked in the living room I seen Julio sitting on the couch lighting up a blunt. "Sup bitch" He held the smoke in his lungs.

I ignored him taking my beanie and coat off.

"What's wrong with you nigga? You and Nicole got into it?"

I shook my head "Nah"

"What happened then?" He passed the blunt to me. "Keep that shit, you look like you need it."

I hit it a few times before talking "Nicole went to see Nic today." I sat back.

"Oh yeah? How pussy boy doing?" He laughed. "Ol bitch made ass nigga."

I didn't find anything amusing.

"He on heroine Julio" I looked at him putting the blunt back in my mouth.

He ceased his laughing as his face fell. "What?"

"Alright guys, no lean but Mila had some margaritas in the fridge." Duke came out and sat two cups on the table. "We'll feel a little bitchy tonight but that's cool." He sipped his drink sitting by Julio, who had his arms resting on his legs with his head down.

"What's wrong with y'all?" Duke asked looking between the both of us.

"Nic on heroine" I told him. I kept on repeating it in my head but the shit still felt surreal.

Duke shook his head "Man hell nah, heroine?"

I nodded

"How you know?"

I told them what Nicole told me and what state she was in when she got home.

"I saw him not too long ago on the block with Andrew them but I thought he was working, not buying." Duke mumbled. "I can't believe this shit."