Korea's Day

Korea

"Happy birthday mommy!" Cali barged through the door holding a tray. I was still in the bed responding to birthday text.

"Daddy and I made you breakfast!" She smiled, sitting the tray of my lap.

It was just a bowl of Captain Crunch Berries and two Eggo waffles. Julio couldn't cook shit and I was glad he didn't try. I didn't wanna have to fake like it was good on my birthday.

I laughed, I appreciated their effort though. "Thank you baby." I hugged her and kissed her cheek.

"You're welcome, I got you a gift too!" She ran out of the room coming back with a purple gift bag with white and purple striped tissue paper. "Open it!" She climbed on the bed beside me.

I shook my head at her excitement before removing the tissue paper. It was a purple Micheal Kors wristlet, underneath it was a purple card.

"Thank you for being my mommy, I love you very much.

Love, Cali" I read the card aloud.

"Awwww, thank you."

"I bought it all myself." She stated proudly.

I raised my eyebrow "Where you get some money from little girl?" Julio and I would give her our spare change, but it'd just be five or ten dollars here and there. I know damn well she didn't save up, every time she'd get money she'd wanna go to the store to get candy or something or the sort.

"Grandma"

I should've known, Mama Yolanda had Cali so spoiled. We all did but she was pitiful. Cali could ask her for the most outrageous things and she'd get them for her without thinking twice.

"She took you to get my gifts?"

"Mhm" She nodded "Her and Grandma Karen." She moved her braids out of her face. "A long time ago you told me your favorite color was purple, remember?" She sat in my lap.

"Yes I remember." I smirked, I told her that when we first met.

"That's why I got everything purple, you like it mommy?"

"I love it."

She grinned "Good cause it took me a long time."

I laughed, Julio came in the room holding bags on bags. He winked at me making me blush. "Cali go get dressed." She hugged me one last time before leaving the room. He closed the door with his foot before dropping the bags on the bed. "Come here ma." He patted his lap. I sat on him sideways wrapping my arms around his neck.

I opened everything one by one "How'd you know I wanted these?" I gasped holding up a pair of Gucci jeans.

"I didn't, Nicole helped me out."

After messing around with him I met up with Nicole and Maurice at the spa, it was one of my gifts from Nicole.

"So y'all trifling asses left me out huh?" Maurice asked me as soon as I got out of my car.

I was taken back "Girl what are you talking about?"

She motioned between Nicole and I's outfits. I laughed once I realized what she was talking about "I promise you it wasn't intentional."

"