65

Nicole

"I can't believe I let you drag me to this damn lunch." Korea scoffed closing my passenger side door.

I put my car in reverse "Just admit you wanted to come."

"I didn't, still don't."

She wouldn't tell me but I knew she was still a little salty about how Shaun treated her after everything went down. If he wouldn't have ignored and been scared of her, they probably would've been back cool.

She let my sun visor down, looking in the mirror. "Where we going anyway?

"J & J Fish" I rubbed my hands together.

"Ew, so you can get them nasty ass crawfish!"

"Bitch you think everything nasty cause you only eat leaves and twigs."

She pushed my arm making me laugh.

"You talking like I'm vegan or something."

I chuckled "Might as well be."

Korea was an extremely picky eater, sis literally didn't like anything. If it ain't chicken, fish,
salad, or pasta she don't want it.

When we pulled up to the restaurant I hurried and got Taejin out. J & J Fish was in Garfield Park which is considered the most dangerous part of the Westside of Chicago. I wasn't scared cause I used to come over here all the time in high school and I'd been to J&J's with Tae a few times. I just didn't wanna risk anything happening to my son while we were out here.

"Tae know you brought Taejin here?" Korea asked once we were inside.

I scrunched my face up "Last time I checked I'm his mama, fuck what Tae gotta say!"

"Nicole I was just saying because Julio told me they were gonna be handling business on the westside today."

I spotted Shaun sitting at a table in the back "I don't care Korea, ain't no way we'll run into them and if we do I don't give a fuck and you shouldn't either."

I was sick and tired of her always bringing up Julio and Tae like we suppose to be afraid of them. They ain't my damn daddy.

"Hey Shaun" I mumbled sitting down, I took Taejin out of his stroller and sat him on my lap.

He looked at me "Hello" He said unsure. "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing I'm fine." I felt Korea sit beside me.

"Hi Korea"

"Hey" She said dryly.

We made small talk until we got up and ordered, I was so ready to eat.

"Korea I wanna apologize to you for how I treated you after everything happened."

I looked up from peeling my crawfish.

She shrugged "It's in past, don't think we cool though cause we not. Nicole thinks you've changed but I think that's bullshit. You'll always be the same messy, miserable, drama filled Shaun that you've always been. To be completely honest with you, things have really been looking up since you haven't been around. I don't understand why Nicole wants to be back friends but I'll be there to tell her I told her so when you fuck it up."