Home

Tae

"You going too fast girl." I told Nicole as I looked at her speedometer.

I was finally taking my black ass home, the hospital wasn't horrible but it wasn't shit like sleeping in your own bed in your own house.

"No I'm not!"

"Yes you is, you going a hundred in a seventy-five."

She glanced at me "Tae, nobody is on the highway so it doesn't matter."

"Alright" I sat back "Kill us both then."

She sighed "You're being dramatic, you'll be fine."

When we pulled up to the house she parked in driveway with a huge smile on her face.

"Fuck you smiling so hard for?"

She shrugged "I'm just happy you're home baby, that's all." She put her car in park leaning over to kiss me. I stared at her as she pulled away. "What?"
She chuckled.

"You bet not be up to no shit Nicole."

She smacked her lips "I'm not, come on."

I grabbed our bags out of her backseat and walked towards the front door. She waited till I was right behind her to unlock the door.

"SURPRISE!" Everybody yelled as we walked in, I was hit with a bunch of confetti and sprayed with silly string.

I smiled shaking my head, I knew she was up to something.

She gave me a innocent smile "Welcome home baby." She kissed my cheek before running off into the kitchen.

"Taelor Vincent Hills Jr." Duke approaches me, this nigga had on a matching silk outfit with his lil bird chest all out. It was no shocker though, Duke always wearing some weird, out there type shit.

 It was no shocker though, Duke always wearing some weird, out there type shit

"Why you calling my whole name like that nigga?"

"Relax my brother." He handed me a cup. "Enjoy this Hennessy." He looked around before directing his attention back to me. "Later on me, you, and Julio gotta sneak off and go smoke. I only brought enough for us three." He held up three fingers. "I didn't know all these dudes were gonna be here."

I laughed, it was a lot of people here.

"Nicole told me a small welcome home gathering, this ain't small."

"You should've known dealing with her it wouldn't be."

I was pulled every way for bout a hour, everybody kept wanting to talk to me and ask me how I was. I didn't mind but I was tired of answering the same question. My mama invited all her old friends including the pastor of our church, of course they went on and on about how lucky I was which I already knew. I thanked God for sparing my life but at this point I was tired of talking about it, I just wanted to pick up the pieces and move on.