Caught

Maurice

"How long you said you been modeling again?"

"Umm ever since I was like fourteen." I lied looking out the window.

I was currently on a job, today was my second day and I was already ready to kill this nigga. He was so annoying and on top of that a dumbass. Normally when I do jobs I'll get along with my targets but not this one.

He was so dumb I didn't even have to do much to wheel him into me. I had been following him and literally just walked past him in Walmart yesterday, that's all it took.

Nigga didn't have a brain at all. I don't know how he's so successful. From the file Nic gave me on him, I found out he's a scammer and has made millions of dollars of the shit.

"Really?" He asked making a right turn. "I've never see you on anything."

"I was overseas."

"Ohhhhh" He slapped his knee "That's why you're so light skin huh?"

I bit my tongue to keep from laughing at him "Yeah sure."

We were currently on our way to his place. Instead of shooting him like I could, I decided to just stick him in the neck with something. All the girls and I are trained and go to the gun range frequently, but I like to switch up my methods of killing. Can't be just doing the same thing all the time, that's how it gets boring.

His apartments were really nice but I wasn't surprised.

"Latoya?" He called me by my code name.

"Yeah?"

"I know we just met yesterday but you real cool. I want you to meet my moms."

That's the one thing that really sucks about doing this type of job. Some guys are genuinely interested in me and don't just want sex. I try to get my job done as soon as possible to avoid any emotions getting involved.

"What do you think about that?" He asked hesitantly.

"Sounds nice." I closed his car door following him inside.

As we were waiting on the elevator I asked God to forgive me for what I was about to do. I heard the ding, when I looked up my eyes met with Nic's. He was hugging the Lexi girl he brought to Thanksgiving dinner.

"Nic!" I had a frown on my face.

When he realized he was caught his eyes got big as softballs before he started trying to explain. I punched him "Lying ass bitch!" I screamed still hitting him everywhere I could.

I was pulled back "Aye aye aye hold up Latoya! How you know this nigga?"

I fought to get out of his arms "He was my boyfriend and I work for him." It didn't register to me that I just gave myself away.

He paused for a second, before pushing me back. "I see, y'all motherfuckas set me up!" He reached into his waistband. Nic grabbed my hand as we took off sprinting down the hallway. I screamed hearing shots ring out behind us. We ended up finding a flight of stairs "Lexi open the door!"

I hadn't even noticed she was with us but honestly I was glad she was, she obviously lived here so we had somewhere to hide. "I can't find them!" Her voice shook with fear as she searched through her purse as fast as she could.