Sleepover

I was sitting on the couch watching reruns of Family Matters, eating some Cookies-N-Cream ice cream. It was way past midnight and I had to work in the morning but I couldn't sleep. I guess the conversation I had with Maurice earlier was still weighing on my mind.

I looked to the door seeing Julio opening it. He glanced at me, closing it. "What you doing up?" He asked making sure both the top and bottom locks were locked.

He had on his all black attire so I knew it had to be "one of those nights".

"Couldn't sleep" My eyes went back to the TV.

He put his keys on the table coming and laying across me. I groaned "Move! You're heavy!"

"No, everybody sleep?"

"Duh, Cali went to sleep at nine and your mama been in the bed." I scooped some ice-cream into my mouth.

"Gimme some" He opened his mouth.

I gave him a big spoonful "That's all you gone get so don't ask for anymore."

He snuggled his head into me wrapping his arms around my waist "You stingy."

"Only cause you always asking for my stuff."

"I'm tired as fuck."

I looked down at him seeing his eyes were closed "How many tonight?"

"Three" He said indicating that he had killed three people.

"For?"

"Ion even know, I ain't ask Duke what they do to him."

Julio was basically a hitman for any and everybody that needed his assistance, he also did little stuff for Tae and Nic when they needed his help. It never really bothered me, I couldn't control how he decided to make his money. He had been doing it way before I met him. As long as he didn't put our family in danger and didn't bring his work home I was cool.

I rubbed his head "I talked to Maurice today."

"About what?"

I sighed "Just her catching Nic cheating and Tae having to save them."

He laughed "When Tae told me that I laughed so hard. That shit so funny."

"Kinda"

He looked at me "Let me guess, you told Nicole?"

"No, Maurice told me she was gonna tell her but she doesn't wanna start any problems between her and Nic."

"That's understandable, I wouldn't want to start drama between siblings either."

I agreed "I just feel really bad for her, she quit her job and everything but only Nic knows."

"I figured she would and Nic scary ass ain't gone keep it 100 and tell Tae." He smacked his lips. "Nigga move like they ain't got a joint business."

We were quiet in our own thoughts.

"She gone stay in Chicago?"

I shrugged "She didn't say."

"That shit depressing, Ion really wanna talk about that situation anymore.

"Me either, Cali told me you were letting her have a sleepover?" I asked more than told.

"Nah I told her I would think about it. She asked me if two of her lil friends from camp could stay the night this weekend."

I smiled "You should let them, it'll be fun."

He scratched his head "You just wanna be a big ass kid with them."