81

Nicole

"Baby your birthday's coming up." I said excitedly sitting across from Tae. We were eating at AppleBees. We had just left from looking at cars at the Bentley dealership, Tae didn't see anything he liked so it basically was a pointless trip.

"I know" He sighed not giving a damn.

"Wellllll since last year we weren't on the best of terms and I was pregnant, I was thinking this year we could take a trip somewhere." I smiled. "What do you say?"

He shook his head "Nah"

"Baby why?"

"Cause I don't want to Nicole. I told you, my birthday not that big of a deal. I don't need no party or no trips, I'm fine with you cooking for me and us fucking all night long."

I smacked my lips folding my arms across my chest "We do that almost everyday."

"Well when my birthday roll around we'll do the same thing." He gave me a closed mouth smile.

"But Tae-"

"No Nicole"

I sat back in my seat thinking. Our waitress brought our food out and I devoured mine. I didn't really like AppleBees but I was hungry as hell, and I didn't get to eat breakfast this morning. I had a bacon cheeseburger and some fries while Tae had ribs and fries. I finished before him so I was just watching him eat.

I had my arms on the table holding up my head. "So I was thinking."

"About?"

"Since you don't want to take a trip for your birthday, how about we just take a Just Because trip?"

He chuckled "Just because my ass. You calling it that so I'll say yeah but when we get there it's gone be a whole different story." He wiped his hands. "I know you all too well."

"Not it won't Tae." I whined. "It doesn't even have to be just me and you. We can invite our friends and we can do group activities the whole time. I won't even mention your birthday to you, I won't buy you anything, I won't even get you a cake." I said trying to convince him.

"Nic-"

I reached across the table grabbing his arm.
"Tae pleaseeeeee? Come on, why not? It's so cold in Chicago. We can go somewhere hot, you know we'll have a good time."

He sighed heavily looking at me. "Alright man damn."

I smiled "We're gonna have so much fun!" I clapped making him flip me off.

************

"I wanna go to Disneyland, I've always wanted to go." Mila told us excitedly.

"Fuck that, let's go to Miami." Julio said lighting up his fourth blunt for the night.

We were all sitting in Duke and Mila's living room suggesting places for our trip. It was Sunday night and as usual everybody was at their house chilling. I had told them about our just because trip and everybody was pretty excited about it.

"Y'all we could go to Hawaii!" Korea chimed in, I nodded. She was talking my language. I'd always wanted to go to Hawaii, hell I just wanted to go somewhere where the sun was blazing and there was a beach.

Duke stood up "Why not take it back to the motherland? Let's go to Jamaica!" He threw his hands in the air smiling.

Julio smacked his lips "The motherland is Africa, fool."