Foul play

Nicole

I woke up to bright lights and a constant beeping noise. I looked around my surroundings and down at the white gown realizing I was in the hospital. I looked around the room seeing Tae was sitting in the chair next to my bed. He had his head down with his eyes closed and his hands in the praying form so I knew that's what he was doing.

"Tae" I mumbled, my mouth was so sore.

His head shot in my direction "Fuck Bae you scared the fuck outta me." He grabbed my hand in his.

"Is my ankle broken?"

He shook his head no "It's just sprained really bad, Sneak did this shit to you?" I glanced at him seeing the rage in his eyes.

He flexed his jaw "Tell me Nicole."

I looked away from him, thinking about what Sneak said he would do to Nic and Tae. If I had to lie to him to protect him then so be it.

"N- no- no I um.... I-"

He chuckled causing me to stop talking "Why you lying to me?"

"I'm not"

"Ni-"

"I'm not lying Tae!"

He licked his lips lips looking me in my eyes "Why you lying to me foreal? I already know he did it, the nigga called me off your phone Nicole!"

I looked down "I-"

"We lying to each other now?"

I sighed "No babe I just..." I stopped talking taking a deep breath.

He was staring at me intensely making me nervous as hell. Tae was one intimidating man, often times just his demeanor intimidated me.

"You just what?" He shrugged his shoulders.

I ran my hands through my hair avoiding his strong gaze. "I don't wanna say."

"Why? That nigga said he'll do something else to you? I swear-"

"Not to me... to you"

He busted out laughing "Nah that nigga know who and who not to fuck with, I thought he knew better than to mess with you but guess not. I'll just have to show him."

I smacked my lips "See that's why I don't wanna tell you! You always result to violence, Tae this man is not playing!" I yelled, he was starting to piss my off.

"Nicole I'M not playing!" He hit his chest "That nigga was just telling you all that tuff shit to mess with your head and from the way you talking right now it looks like it worked!" He ran his hand over his face and sniffed "Remember when I told you I'll kill anybody over you rather it be a nigga off the street or somebody close to you?"

"Yeah" I mumbled.

"I meant that shit Nicole, Ima really kill this nigga Bae... I got to. He crossed the line by even talking to you then he put his hands on you and you laying here in a fucking hospital bed basically telling me you don't want me to result to violence, fuck that!" He yelled making me jump.

He looked at me for a minute before getting up and snatching his coat off the couch "I'll be back."

"Tae-"