Home

Nic

"Do you need anything else?" Nicole asked as she fluffed my pillow for the thousandth time.

I'd just got home from my over due stay at the hospital. I was there all together for a total of three damn months. I told them muthafuckas they could've sent me home the day after I woke up but they insisted on running more and more stupid ass test. I was happy to finally be home now though.

I shook my head "Nah sis I'm good" I chuckled, she'd been at my side this whole time. Sometimes it could be a bit much but I appreciated her.

I scrunched my face up, noticing the big ass rock on her ring finger as she ran her hand through her hair "Fuck is on your finger Nicole?" I semi-yelled.

She quickly dropped it "What are you talking about?"

I sighed "Don't play me for no damn fool Nicole, I see that shit on your finger hell a blind man can see it." I eyed it "When you get it?"

She looked at me "It's a promise ring... Taelor and I made it official the other day and he got me this ring." She smiled.

I took several deep breaths, I was still trying to cope with them messing around and now they done made shit official. I hadn't even made shit official with Maurice and we been messing around way longer than them. This was too much for a man that just got out the damn hospital, my innocent little sister and my childhood bestfriend together AND living together? What the hell, I know she's grown and I'm trying to be better at treating her like she is but damn man.

"Ok" I grumbled out, that's honestly all I could say.

She laughed "Aw come on bubba" She cooed, sitting on my bed pitching my cheeks "I'll always be your little sister."

I nodded "I know man, I know."

We talked a little while longer before we heard knocks on the door, she went to open it and came back with Maurice.

She kissed my lips "Hey baby"

"What's up" I watched her place her purse and overnight bag on the floor by my nightstand before climbing in the bed with me and laying her head on my chest.

"Did you know Nicole got an engagement ring for a promise ring?" I asked seriously making her laugh.

"Yes Nic, she told me."

I looked at Nicole who was engrossed with her phone in her hands. She was sitting in my chair, slowly spinning around.

"You think they still fucking?" I whispered.

Maurice smacked her lips "Duh Nic, they do live under the same roof and are a couple."

"Fuck, this too much."