Something to tell you

*Month later*

Nicole

"Have you told him yet?" Maurice asked as I sat across from her at Waffle House. I had a craving for grits and I didn't feel like cooking them myself. As soon as I found I was pregnant it's like all the symptoms kicked in. My boobs were always sore, I now had cravings, and I wasn't feeling like myself. Thankfully, I wasn't having morning sickness like I had with Taejin.

"No" I feed Taejin some of his eggs. "I don't know how, he doesn't want another baby Maurice."

She spread grape jelly on her toast. "How can you be so sure?"

"Because we had the conversation multiple times. He always says how Taejin is a lot to handle already, I'm just starting my career, he's not home like that, and we're still young. We have our entire lives to have more babies."

"Yeah but you're pregnant now."

I sighed scooping grits into my mouth "Unfortunately."

"Well what did you expect? Y'all have sex all the time, unprotected sex at that."

I gave her a look "You know you're really helpful."

She shrugged like she didn't care. "You know ima always be brutally honest with you. If it comes off as being rude or unconcerned, those are not my intentions."

I fed Taejin again "I hear you."

"You need to tell him sis, you've already been hiding it for a month."

"I will"

*********

I sat in my closet room at my desk. I was ordering more inventory for my spa, we were set to open in less than two months. Over the past month I had hired my staff, every staff member was well qualified. Korea also would be working for me, she would be the manager. I wanted somebody I could trust to oversee things that I couldn't, plus since she had worked at Lush for so long, she knew more about products than I did.

I pushed my glasses up on my face "Peach mango body scrub or raspberry melon?" I asked myself, I often found myself debating in my head over small things.

I looked up as Tae came into the room. He kissed my cheek before sitting on my couch. "What's up mama?"

"Working"

"That's what I like to hear, making moves to making those coins to take care of me."

I scoffed "Boy please"

He laughed "I'm fucking with you, come here though." He demanded. "I ain't seen you all day."

He was gone before I woke up this morning and was just getting home.

I shut my MacBook down before making my way towards him. I straddled him as he held me closely. "I missed your big head self."

I smirked "I missed you too baby."

"How was your day?" He asked, resting his head against my chest.

I told him everything I had done for the day, which wasn't much at all. I wasn't in the mood to really do anything today but eat.

I looked away as he looked me in my face. Tae could read me like a book so I was trying to act as normal as possible, I'm surprised he hadn't noticed any changes within me over the past month. I was proud of myself for maintaining my cool.

His lips were moving but I couldn't hear anything he was saying. Maurice's words kept playing in my head. I closed my eyes "Taelor I have something to tell you."