Tragic Pt.3

Nicole

"Family of Taelor Hills Jr.?"

I rushed over to where the surgeon was with everybody following behind me. He stood in front of  me with a clipboard in his hand, he had purple scrubs on and a face mask which was pulled down to his neck with a few blood stains on it.

"I'm his girlfriend." I motioned behind me. "They're all family too."

"Sorry to meet you all under these circumstances." He held his hand out for me to shake. "I'm doctor Joesph Gai-"

"Ok how is he?" I cut him off, by the look on my face he could tell I didn't give a fuck about nothing he was saying. Not that I wanted to be rude, I just wanted to know how Tae was. Introductions could wait.

He sighed heavily, twisting his mouth to the side "I'm sorry, we did everything we could..."

I dropped to my knees feeling a huge lump form in my throat. He kept talking but I couldn't hear anything else he was saying, I couldn't hear anything anybody was saying. My vision got blurry before my face met with the cold concrete floor.

********************

I shot up from the couch in a panic. My eyes met with Tae's, he looked concerned and confused all in one. He wrote something down on his notepad before holding it up so I could read it.

It read You good?

I nodded rubbing sleep out of my eyes. It had been a week since everything happened. Thankfully, the bullet went in on the right side of his neck, passed his jugular veins, and came out on his left side. He was lucky as hell to still be here, the doctors told us he was one out of a million. Most people who suffer gunshot wounds to the neck die on the spot. In order to heal properly and make a speedy recovery, he had strict orders to avoid talking as much as possible for four weeks instead he had to write everything down which was annoying the hell out of him. I just was thankful he was alive, we all were.

Ms. Karen found out before Korea could tell her and came to the hospital trying to beat all of our asses. Once she realized Tae would be fine she kept praying, shouting, and talking in tongues. She's still pissed at me though, she doesn't even talk to me when she comes to the hospital and she'll be here for hours at a time. If she wanted to check on me or anything she'd text me instead of call like she normally does.

I stood up folding my blanket, trying to shake my dream from my thoughts. I had been having the same dream every time I went to sleep for the past week.

Tae snapped at me getting my attention, he patted next to him on the bed for me to come sit. "Don't be doing all that like I'm a dog." I kicked my slides off.

He smirked watching me climb on the bed. He wrote something down.

I love you

I smiled "I love you too baby, so much." I propped my head up with my arm.

He cleared his throat showing discomfort written all over his face. "I owe you my life." His voice cracked.
His voice was so raspy.

"Stop talking Taelor." I reached over him pressing the red nurses button. "Why didn't you tell me you were in pain?"

He shook his head, lying telling me he wasn't.

"Yes you are." I looked at the clock on the wall seeing it was time for his pain medication anyway. "It's time for your medicine."