Gut Feeling

Maurice

"Nic open this fucking door!" I yelled, banging and kicking his condo's door.

He hadn't called me or responded to any of my messages for a whole damn two days. Around midnight I couldn't take it anymore so I got up out of my bed and had one of our drivers come get me and bring me over here. I couldn't put my finger on it but I knew his ass had to have been doing something or someone he didn't have no business doing. I didn't wanna just accuse him of cheating, I've never been that type but at this point that's all I could think of.

"Nicholas open this gotdamn door! Nigga I know you hear me!" I yelled banging on it some more.

"Ni-"

"Baybeh he not here." I jumped turning behind me seeing the man that lives in the condo across from Nic's. He was leaning on his door rubbing sleep out of his eyes. "It's damn nea one in na mornin anna nigga tryna sleep." He had an annoyed expression all over his face.

"Mind your fucking business!" I kicked the door "Nic!"

"Obviously that nigga ain't hea, and he don't wanna fuck wit ya." He spoke in his strong Louisiana accent.

My head snapped at him "You don't know what the fuck you're talking about and you don't know me or him!" I shouted "I advise you to go back in your house and leave me the fuck alone!"

He chuckled "An I advise you to fuck wit ah nigga that wouldn't have ya out here looking crazy in da first place." He looked me up and down shaking his head. "Fuckin crazy ass bitch" He slammed his door.

"Fuck you!" I hit the door a few more time before giving up. As I was walking through the parking garage I spotted Nic's Range Rover coming in. I put my purse on my shoulder, hightailing it to him as he parked.

When he got out I swear I seen him roll his eyes before turning his back to me, closing his driver's side door. "What are you doing here Maurice?"

"Where have you been and why haven't you been responding to me?"

"Why?" He walked towards the elevator.

I followed him "What the fuck do you mean why?"

He ignored me, pressing his floor button.

I waited for him to answer me but he didn't. I could feel tears burning the brim of my eyes, I wouldn't have even been emotional if he didn't smell like perfume and didn't have makeup stains on his gray shirt.

I followed behind him like a little ass kid as we walked the long hall to get to his condo.

"Nic please be honest when I ask you this." I watched him take his shoes off.

We were in his room.

He sighed dramatically "What do you have to ask?"