Make sure

Tae

I was parked in front of the building where Nicole was in class at, this morning I dropped her off and was back to pick her up and take her the doctors appointment we had scheduled.

"How you doing bro?" Julio asked me over the phone.

He was the only person I told about Nicole being pregnant.

"I'm good, just nervous and scared as hell." I sighed honestly

Lord knows I wasn't ready to be somebody daddy just yet, but I had no choice but to step up to my responsibilities as a man and be there for my child. Growing up I seen my father maybe twice a year, only for my birthday and Christmas. I remember always feeling upset as a child when I would see my friends with their dads or stay at one of their houses and see how they would interact with their dads. I'd be damned if I put my child through that heartache.

"I felt the same way when I found out my baby moms was pregnant with Cali" He chuckled "I cried like a damn baby man."

I bust out laughing "Nigga you cried?"

"Hell yeah nigga, I was twenty one living reckless ass hell, no legal job, no college education shit I didn't even go past the 10th grade, and I was still living with Ma dukes."

"Look at you now though"

"Yeah that little girl my heart man"

We talked a little more until I seen Nicole coming around to the passenger side of my car. She been kind of down since she found out, been wearing sweats and hoodies every day for the past week. She'd always at least put her makeup on and do her hair but she wasn't even doing that. Today she had on a PINK teal matching set with her hair in to braids going straight back.

 Today she had on a PINK teal matching set with her hair in to braids going straight back

"Hey" She said lowly, putting on her seatbelt.

I leaned over and kissed her lips "What's up, how was class?" I started up my car and pulled off leaving the campus.

She propped her head up on her arm on the window "Its was ok, we had a quiz today and I got some homework I have to do tonight for my Business Analysis class tomorrow."

"How'd you do on the quiz?"

She shrugged "I couldn't study how I wanted to since I was up throwing up all night." She looked out the window "I can't wait till this sickness shit is over"

I understood where she was coming from "You hungry?"

"No not really"