Give it a try

Korea

"Hey" I said shyly getting into Julio's car.

It's been two weeks since I got his number, we'd text throughout the day and FaceTime at night. He was real cool but I still had my guard up.

"What's up" He looked over at me while keeping one hand on his stirring wheel.

We weren't going out to do anything major since I had to work in the morning. We were just getting a bite to eat.

"Where you wanna go?" He asked after a while.

"Applebee's"

He chuckled "Applebee's?"

"Yeah I haven't been there in a while, I want it"

"Ok ma"

Once we got there he opened my door for me which was surprising.

"You know what you want?" He asked trying to make conversation.

We'd been sitting down for a while and no words were exchanged, I was just really nervous. This was completely different from what I'm used to.

I shrugged "I'm still looking"

I felt his eyes on me making me look up "What?" I asked tucking my hair behind my ear.

He smirked sitting back in his side of the booth and folding his arms across his chest "I'm making you nervous"

"No"

"It wasn't a question" He grabbed my hand "Look Korea ion know who you used to dealing with but I ain't no fuck nigga. You ain't gotta be nervous around me and you can talk to me, hell talk to me how you be talking on FaceTime."

I giggled at his last statement "It's just" I sighed "You're so nice and I'm not used to that. Growing up my dad was verbally abusive so once I got older I naturally flocked to men like that, you know?"

He nodded "Well I ain't like that, feel free to say and do what you please, you ain't gotta be timid around me."

I smiled a little "Thank you, it's gonna take me some time to open up but I promise I'll work on it."

"That's all I ask"

We made small talk until our food came "Who's that little girl?" I asked biting into my burger, I noticed his lockscreen.