Tragic Pt.2

Korea

I sat in Julio's lap trying my best to console him as he cried into my chest. He had his head nestled into me with his arms wrapped around me, gripping the back of my shirt.

One minute we were sitting on the couch joking around with each other, and the next he was running out of the house screaming about how he had to go help Tae.

About and hour later he called me saying Tae had gotten shot and he and Nicole were at the hospital. When I got here I seen them both covered in blood, crying. Nic, Maurice, and all of Tae's closest friends were here as well. We took up the whole waiting room.

All we had been told was that Tae was in surgery.

I still didn't know what fully happened, nobody did besides Nicole and Julio and they were both too torn up to even talk about it. Nicole was so bad off they were going to sedate her, but Nic took her off somewhere to try and calm her down.

Julio sniffed "I tried to get him here as fast as I could man." He told me. "If my brother don't make it-"

"Julio don't talk like that, he's going to be fine. Tae's a fighter, he'll be just fine. You hear me?"

"The look on her face when he dropped." He paused.

My eyes started to get watery, I could only imagine. The love Nicole and Tae had for one another was indescribable.

"That's gone haunt me forever. If I would've just gotten there sooner." He stressed "I- I could've-"

I grabbed his face making him look at me. "Don't you beat yourself up about this Julio. No matter what you did or didn't do, you couldn't stop this from happening. All we can do is pray, the rest is up to God."

He nodded sniffing with his head down as a tear rolled down his cheek. "Don't worry yourself ok?"

"Alright" He wrapped his arms tightly around me, putting his head back on my chest with his eyes closed.

Everybody was in there own world filled with the same emotions. Taelor was like family to so many people. He was just a genuine dude, you couldn't help but feel connected to him in some way, even if you only came across him once. The fact that he had gotten shot was a shock to everybody. He's always so cautious about how he moves.

"Turn that shit off." Julio mumbled.

His phone had been vibrating all night from calls and text from people trying to see if it was true. Word travels fast, I'm sure not only all of Chicago but probably the whole state of Illinois knew by now.

I picked it up off the side table, I seen he had almost four hundred calls and over a thousand text messages. I sighed, powering it off and putting it in my purse.

I was knocked out of my thoughts when I heard Nicole yelling and screaming. We all rushed up, running to where it was coming from.

We found them outside by a sitting area. She was pushing Nic all into the vending machines poking him with her hand, yelling in his face.

Duke and Julio grabbed her pulling her off of him. "Yo what's the problem?" Duke asked her. They had her by her arms so she couldn't do anything.

She was looking at Nic with so much anger and disgust in her face. Her eyes were swollen from her crying and her face was red indicating she was mad. "Tell them!" She screamed.