The Tables Have Turned

Chapter 59

The Tables Have Turned

                 ''WHOSE ABOUT TO BEAT HER UP,'' you asked while buckling your seat belt. ''I DON'T KNOW BUT SHE NEEDS YOUR HELP, LIKE RIGHT NOW,'' Donte yelled as he zoomed off down the street. Even though you hated what Chelsea had done to you, you still cared. She was your best friend for so many years and was always there for you. Chelsea hasn't been loyal over the past month but that out weighed the past several years. ''THERE SHE IS!'' Donte shut off the car and the two of you ran over to a crowd of people outside this subdivision called West Oaks. The two of you stopped and pushed your way through the crowd. ''MAN MOVE SHIT,'' Donte yelled, pushing through while he grabbed your hand and pulled you with him. ''There she is.'' You saw two girls cussin and yellin into Chelsea's face; you watched in disgust. ''Who are they Donte?'' ''I don't know but she pissed them off. They about to wear her out,'' he said looking at you with worried eyes. You sighed and then shook your head, ''Look [yn], I know what I did was messed up, even more so her cus that was your bestie,'' he said with a girly voice, you laughed, ''But she needs you, man she's all you have.'' Before you could look up, you heard everyone in the crowd say, ''OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.'' Chelsea was under one girl getting her face pounded while the other girl pulled her hair. ''Hold my earrings,'' you said handing them to Donte. You ran over and pushed the girl off of Chelsea that was pulling her hair, then you kicked the other one off of her with your foot. ''GET THE HELL OFF OF HER!'' The first one that pulled her hair starting running at you, so you ran towards her, and before you knew it, you and her were going at it. She got a hit in or two but you managed to tire her out. You looked at Chelsea, who was getting her ass whooped. You pulled her out of a head lock and held her up, ''LEAVE HER ALONE!'' The two girls, covered in blood, looked at each other and nodded. ''THIS AIN'T OVER CHELSEA, YOU STUPID BITCH!'' The crowd kept instigating. Donte ran over, ''They doing the most,'' Donte yelled, ''Damn Chelsea, they put a hurtin on you!'' She didn't respond, but instead stood there and kept breathing hard. ''C'mon, lets go,'' Donte said helping her to his car. ''Get in the back,'' he told her. She got in and laid across the seat, ''Damn Chels, got blood on my seats and shit!'' ''DONTE STOP, SHE'S HURT!'' He chuckled, You and him road in the front. After you pulled off, Chelsea spoke, ''Thanks for helping me out,'' she moaned. You responded with a dry, ''You welcome.'' ''Yeah, I appreciate you being there for me,'' she said. You didn't respond. The drive back was silent. You had nothing to say to her. Donte pulled in front your house. ''Ima walk [yn] to her door Chelsea.'' The two of you got out and headed for your driveway. Once you got close to the door, you stopped and turned to Donte. ''That was some real ass shit you did back there,'' he said putting his fist up for you to pound it. ''Thanks,'' you competed the fist bud. You sighed, then he said, ''Yeah, I mean you were the only person I knew would help her, even though I broke up with her, I still care.'' You didn't respond. ''I know you still care too, cus if you didn't, you wouldn't have gotten in the car with me.'' He made a good point. ''I don't forgive her, neither you Donte.'' ''I know, I know what I did was low... But they said we do crazy things for love.'' You looked at him crazy, ''Hahaha, chill. I know you got a man, and I'm not tryna come in between that... But I can still stand here and admit that I care for you.'' You nodded. Donte's car made a weird noise, causing you both to look back at it, ''Don't worry, my engine does that when it runs, but I'm gna go ahead and let you get inside.'' ''Alright.'' He waved and then walked off. You watched him walk to his car. Can't lie, he was pretty cute, but not as cute as Daniel. He honked his horn while driving off. You stood there and thought, ''What just happened?'' You stepped inside and shut the door. No sign of your parents. As you walked towards the sink to wash your hands, you heard loud snores from their bedroom. ''Figures,'' you said grabbing a drink from the fridge. You then headed upstairs and laid across your bed. You already missed Diggy. You pulled out your phone and texted him, ''Hey babe, do you think we can talk on the phone tonight?'' You awaited his response. Usually if a text isn't responded to right away, chances are it won't be responded to for a while. So, you decided to get ready for bed. After your nice, steamy shower, you went downstairs to grab a light dinner. You brought your plate upstairs and sat on your bed. ''Wonder what's on Tv...'' You flicked through the channels and saw that America's Next Top Model was on. *Buuuuzzzzz*  You jumped, then remembered you texted Daniel. After you opened your messages, he simply responded, "No." You sighed, ''Uggghh, what is it now.'' He didn't normally text like that, but you didn't wanna think too much of it. You took a bite of your pepperoni hot pocket, ''What the hell did I do now.'' You didn't feel like arguing with him, so you said, ''Okay babe, I hope you have a great night." Of course he didn't respond. ''Whatever,'' you said finishing off your food. 

                   ******THAT OCCURED SIX WEEKS BEFORE SUMMER. TWO FULL WEEKS HAVE ALREADY GONE BY, LEAVING ONLY FOUR WEEKS LEFT. TWO WEEKS BEFORE PROM AND ANOTHER TWO BEFORE GRADUATION/SUMMER******

                    ''Whats wrong baby,'' your mom said sitting next to you on the couch. You didn't respond, so she got up to grab a blanket, then laid it across the both of you. ''Talk to me sweetie.'' It was a cozy Saturday night. Your dad was in the kitchen fixing a small family dinner. ''Dinner shall be ready shortly beautiful ladies,'' he yelled holding a pot in the air. ''Oh Daryl, be careful hunny hahahaha,'' your mom said smiling. Your dad was so goofy; it was good to at least see that they were doing good. Couldn't say that weeks ago. Your mom stopped laughing, then focused back on you, ''Now, tell me. Whats wrong.'' ''I haven't spoken to Diggy in two full weeks ma, I don't know what's going on!'' She nodded, ''Didn't you say he was doing some tour thing, or what did y...'' You cut her off, ''He's doing that and also meeting with producers for his next album, or mixtape.'' ''Yeah? Well baby I don't care how busy he is, there can always be a way made for those that truly care."  You nodded. ''He's taking you to prom isn't he?'' You didn't respond, ''[YN], HE'S TAKING YOU ISN'T HE?'' Your response was a tear that rolled down your face. "He said he'd try ma but h...'' ''LOOK, I DON'T CARE HOW BUSY HE IS, HE KNEW THAT COMING INTO THIS RELATIONSHIP THAT THERE WOULD BE SACRIFICE TO MAKE!'' She made a good point. ''Mhm," your dad said from the kitchen, loud enough for you to hear. Your mom looked into your eyes and shook her head. ''Call him, right now.'' ''But what if he's bu..'' "I SAID, call him.'' On the note, you got up and went to your room. You dialed his number and waited. Your heart raced and you were filled with anxiety. After the fourth ring, you heard loud music. It sounded like a club. You heard laughs and what not. ''What the hell?"

End of Chapter 59.