Always Here For You

Chapter 82

Always Here For You

                    The three of you sat in silence on your living room couches. What in the hell just happened? Breathing hard and trembling, you sat curled up against the edge of the couch in fear. You started to hyperventilate. Chelsea, who was watching you the whole time, quickly ran over to comfort you.  She wrapped her arms around you and held you close; she held you the way she use to when you were close. "Its going to be okay [yn].... okay? Just breathe okay! Deep breathes come on. You gotta relax!" You didn't want to pass out, so her advice was wise. Even though all you needed was a deep breathe, it was the last thing you could do. "Is she alright Chels," her cousin asked a bit concerned. "Yeah, she's just having a panic attack. It'll die out." He nodded his head in approval and sat back. It was another minute or so before you started to calm down. All through the panic, Chelsea patiently rubbed your back, telling you positive things to calm you down. "Get me some tissue from the bathroom Darnell." He nodded and asked, "Wait, where is it?" "Around that corner!" He came back moments later and handed some to Chelsea. "Thanks Nell, give me your face [yn]." She wiped your red and puffy face gently. You stared into Chelsea's worried eyes. Who was this girl? Certainly not the one at prom or the one who choose Donte over you. This was the real Chelsea. Your eyes met and she smiled, then rubbed your face. "See its okay." Her beautiful smile was so contagious. Once she saw you smile, she smiled even harder. "How did you *cough-cough* know that he was attacking me?" Chelsea pat your back as you continued to cough. Your voice sounded so raspy and your throat was clogged. Darnell stood up and headed for the kitchen. You watched him search each cabinet until he retrieved a cup. He went into the fridge and poured a cup of water for you. He walked slowly to the couch, then stopped in front of you. You got a whiff of his cologne. "Here you go," he said softly, lowering the glass to you. Your eyes met his, "Thank you." He smiled, "No problem." He then sat back in his spot. Chelsea looked at you and spoke, "Prom yesterday... I remember standing in a huge crowd of guys in the parking lot. I overheard Donte talking. He said something abt going over to your crib and what not." "Yeah," Darnell joined in, "He mentioned paying you a visit. Chelsea gave me a call and let me know she needed my assistance." Wow, so his childish ass got mad abt Daniel showing up to prom. He must have planned to hurt you like you hurt him. Hearing that made you a bit uncomfortable. Why would he take it this far? Rape? "I know we weren't on the best terms but I knew from the tone of his voice that he was up to no good." You started to tear up, "Thank you so much for being here," you choked out. She hugged you, really long too. "I'm always here for you." You jumped when you heard Chelsea's phone vibrate. "Its okay, its just my phone, I'll be right back okay." She stood and left the room to take the call. You sat alone of the couch, shaking. Darnell, staring in concern, stood up and walked over. He sat beside you and grabbed some of the extra tissue. He folded it before grabbing your chin to hold your face as he gently wiped each eye. There was a certain comfort from his presence... Maybe because of the fact that he had just saved you from that hot of a damn mess Donte... Not to mention how cute he was. It was a bit awkward but cute. You could see from his gestures that he wanted to comfort you but didn't know how. "Thank you," you said looking into his green eyes. "No problem," he said smiling, "Just wanna make sure you're okay." DAMN his was fine. You looked him up and down, examining him. His tan skin and soft, curly fro were perfect. You found yourself staring into his eyes a bit too much. After realizing you were staring too hard, you blinked and shook your head, "I'm sorry, I just couldnt stop staring into your eyes." "Hahaha, its okay. I get that a lot." The two of you smiled. His smile took you away just for a moment.

End of Chapter 82.