Chapter 72: Officer

You:

I watched the door open and it wasn't her. I sat on the stairs, Chrissy behind me. She came infront of me and hughed me. I broke down.

My mom's GONE.
Ally's GONE.
Stevie's GONE.
Sally's GONE.

WHY DOES EVERYONE I LOVE GO!?
I SEEM SO FUCKING CURSED!
NOTHING EVER GOES RIGHT!
I JUST WANNA RE-WRITE HISTORY!

"Y/N. Y/N! Match my breathing." This officer stood infront of me.

I didn't notice till now that I was having a panic attack. I tried to follow her breathing but I just kept getting caught on air.

She began rubbing my back, trying to soothe me. The only ones who can do that are my parents and Sally. Yet, she still tried.

Eventually I calmed down, breathing out normally. I looked back up at this officer who had seemed to take notice of my discomfort. She took her jacket off leaving her in a black shirt. It calmed me a little.

I mean who wouldn't be worried that a police officer comes knocking on a door when your girlfriend is missing and your parents are in hospital?

"Y/N? Are you okay?" She spoke softly.

I nodded breifly before I spoke.

"Y-yes." I muttered.

"Can you walk? I mean to the living room?" She asked carefully.

I nodded trying to stand up as she did. She held her jacket as she held my hand. Taking it we walked to the living room, as she sat me down.

Bria came in with some water. She gave me some and the officer. The officer thanked her as I nodded.

"Are you okay now?" She asked.

"Yes thank you." I replied.

"I need to tall to you mainly. You know that right?" She asked.

"Yeah." I sighed.

"Well. It's up to you if you wanna do it alone or with her parents?" I shrugged.

"C-can I do it alone?" She smiled.

"Of course. Thats always an option."

Bria and Chrissy both left the room after kissing my forehead. I sighed as they left going over to the chair where Sally's blanket is laid. I cuddled into it as the officer grabbed something out of her utility belt thing.

"Is it okay if I put my jacket back on or do you want me to keep it off making it a little more comfortable?"

"Off please." I snuggled into her blanket.

"I assume thats her blanket?" She giggled.

I smiled and inhaled Sally's sent from the blanket.

"Yeah. Its smells like her."

"Thats always good."

"Yeah."

"So does she normally let you borrow her items?"

"Mhm. We always share, its fun seeing how the other would react."

"My guess is that you're wearing her clothes?"

I giggled again nodding. She smiled and her radio went off with some random man talking. I didn't understand and she took it off. She placed it on the table as she flicked it off.

"So, have you been told about your parents?"

"Yep. They still in hospital- well Ally is. My mom is just staying there."

"Good. They have 3 officers on guard there incase he comes and hurts them. Now, we need to get a little bit more serious."

"Okay." Like this day could get any worse.

"We recived a letter from a young boy this morning, it was addressed to you but it was taken to the police station. We have not read it, but the young boy did advise that a member of the station should be there. They chose me since I found the first letter."

"Wait. You found it?"

"Yes. Oh wait, I forgot my names officer Keeley, the letter was put on local news."

"I know. I saw." I grumbled into the blanket.

"Oh well since you have do you want to read this letter? Or should I?"

"I think I should." I shrugged.

"Well here." She came over to me handing me the letter.

I moved my hands out of blanket, taking the letter sitting up a bit. Opening it I tore the enevelope carefully. My hands are shaking so much and I began reading.

*Dear Y/N,

No need to panic. I have Sally safe. She isn't at home, but she is completly safe. The fact she turned up surprised me, but she is a good girl. So, I thought I should reward her, let her write you a letter. -James.

Hey Princess,

I know. I know. You're probably so pissed at me but I'm sorry. I need to protect you and my family. I wear your necklace and I hug your jacket, I walked to our first meeting spot then to Waffle House, finally arriving at the beach. I love you so so so much. I hope you enjoy your life princess. You deserve your happiness. -Your babygirl, Sally.

Ps. uoy evol i. saxet ot em sekat eh erofeb em tcelloc emoc. tnorfni srallip sah  dna eguh sti. tnorfretaw niam eht no letoh a ta gniyats era ew.*

I re-read it 4 times then it clicked.