Chapter 8

When I woke up the next day, yes I say day because I didn’t wake up until 3pm, I had a killer headache. But I got out of bed and wrapped a sweater around myself then walked out of my bedroom and rushed over to the bathroom.

I started the shower and got undressed. After my 15 minute shower, I felt OK. Not great but OK. I don’t know what came over me last night. I just had so much in my head and alcohol seemed like a good idea, but mixing it with my pain killers were probably not the best thing I could have done.

I didn’t feel like doing shit today so after getting dressed in a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt, I sat down in the couch with my laptop and started going through my facebook and twitter. Same old boring people on there and suddenly, my phone started ringing.

I picked it up at saw Keli’s number. In that second, I remembered mine and Niall’s conversation last night and I thought about not answering her but decided against it.

Stella: Hey..
Keli: Hey Stel! You awake?
Stella: Yeah, I’m up. What do you want?
Keli: Wow, why are you in such a bad mood?
Stella: Well you fucking Niall have nothing to do about it.

She got quiet for a couple of seconds and then she hung up, pussy.  I looked at the time saw that it was 4.30 now and it was kind of strange that I hadn’t seen Niall yet. He used to be home at this time…
I got up from the couch and felt that the dizziness wasn’t all gone yet, but I walked over to Niall’s room and knocked on the door, no answer.

I felt on the handle and the door opened. Much to my surprise, the room was empty. And I don’t mean that it was empty of only Niall, it was empty of everything. His stuff was gone and in the middle of the room on the floor stood the bottle from last night.

I walked in and took it up, it was empty and I felt really bad, and guilty. I took the bottle out of the room and closed the door behind me again. I walked out to the kitchen and threw the bottle in the bin. Had Niall really moved out? I mean, the empty room said so but he couldn’t just leave, could he?

I went back into the livingroom with a bowl of cornflakes and sat down in the couch, took my phone and dialed Niall’s number. It went straight to voicemail so either, his phone was off or he had blocked my number.
I dialed the only person who I knew that Niall knew, Louis. After a couple of beeps, he answered.

Louis: Stella, god I thought you were angry with me or something, I’m so sorry about last night, I-
Stella: It wasn’t your fault, I shouldn’t have rushed things.
Louis: Oh… I’m still sorry.
Stella: do you know where Niall is?
Louis: He’s not home?
Stella: No…
Louis: Maybe he is at work.
Stella: His room is empty Louis; I don’t think he moved to his job.
Louis: Right.. wait, his room is empty? Why?
Stella: I might have told him that I wanted him to move out, but I didn’t mean it!

I said and took my hands infront of my eyes.

Stella: Fuck! So you don’t know where he is?
Louis: No I’m sorry love.
Stella: It’s alright, I’ll keep looking.
Louis: Do you need any help?
Stella: I’m a big girl Louis, thanks though.

I said bye and we hung up. I decided to go for a ride to see if he was at any of the places he used to go to… that’s when I realized that I had no idea where he used to go. I didn’t even know what the hell he was working with.
We have lived together for a year and I know less about him than about the girl who works at the local store…

After realizing that I had no idea where to drive, I drove to Keli’s. She didn’t live far away and as I got there, her car was outside. I parked and walked up to the house she lived in with her parents.
After knocking on the door a couple of times, her brother KP opened. KP was short for something but I hadn’t asked what, so I just kept it at KP.