Chapter 79

I got back to the flat about an hour after I had walked out on Niall. I didn’t know where to go so I had just taken a walk around the block. When I got back in, I saw that it was dark everywhere except for the bedroom so I just took my shoes off then walked there. The door was open and I stood in the doorway, looking in at Niall as he was lying in the bed in only his boxers, looking at the TV.

Stella: Hi…

I said in low voice and he turned his head to me and nodded. I walked over to the bed and laid down on my side, trying to hold in the tears. Unexpectedly, Niall turned to me and grabbed me so I was lying with my head on his chest and I couldn’t help but sob.

Stella: I’m sorry.

Niall: You don’t do that, Stella. You don’t walk out on me like that.

Stella: I know, I’m sorry. I just didn’t know what to do.

Niall: It’s alright… atleast you came back.

I sat up and looked at him,

Stella: That’s just the thing, Niall.. I will always come back to you.

Niall: I know, I don’t know why I said what I did. I’m sorry.

Stella: No look, you obviously got a problem with Eddie-

Niall: Please don’t say his name in my bed.

Stella: Sorry. You obviously have a problem with him so I was thinking…

Niall: what?

Stella: Maybe we should move?

He sat up straight and looked at me now,

Niall: Move? Again? I thought you liked it here and we haven’t even been here for 6 months.

Stella: I know but if he’s such a problem, we shouldn’t be renting a flat from him.

Niall: we don’t have a place to move to.

Stella: I talked to Tin a while back and he said something about our old flat being up for rent again.

Niall: Really?

I nodded but he still looked a bit… uncertain.

Niall: but the contract we bot signed specifically says that we can’t move out before living here for 6 months.

Stella: Leave that to me, I think I can persuade him to make an exception.

Niall: That sounds like you’re planning on seducing the dickhead.

I rolled my eyes and got out of the bed.

Stella: Can you just stop?

Niall: what did I say now?

Stella: You keep saying things about me fucking Eddie!

Niall: Because you have!

Stella: Not since we got back together, no I haven’t! Holding that against me is like me holding Clarisse against you!

Niall: She’s dead!

Stella: Yes Niall, yes she is, but that doesn’t stop you from calling out her name when you’re sleeping!

He didn’t respond and I walked out of the bedroom. I thought about leaving again but I really don’t think that would solve anything, so I just went to the kitchen and got some water, then I heard Niall behind me and I turned around.

Niall: I say her name in my sleep?

Stella: It’s happened once or twice.

Niall: How many times, stel?