Chapter 43

We were all sitting around the table in our kitchen. Luckily, when I bought that table, I had bought another board to it that you fastened so the table got bigger, because there was no way all of his family would fit around our small table.

They were all talking about things that I didn’t know shit about, so I excused myself and walked into my bedroom. I started my laptop and started writing on an essay that was due next year, when there was a knock on the door.

I didn’t say anything as the door opened and Niall walked inside. He walked over to me and took his hands on my shoulders, it felt amazing.

Niall: You okay?

Stella: Mhm..

Niall: Want to come back out?

Stella: I just don’t feel like I fit with them.

Niall: Because you don’t.

Stella: Great, now I’m really not going back out there.

Niall: No look, it’s a good thing. I’m glad you’re not like them.

Stella: Niall it’s your family, I can’t spend Christmas with your family.

Niall: Why not?

Stella: Because…

Niall: Stella, we have decorated the whole flat today. We carried a god damn tree up the stairs, you’re celebrating Christmas with us, or I’m cancelling Christmas.

I turned around and looked at him, he looked really handsome today and that almost kiss on the floor earlier came back into my mind. I had to close my eyes for a second and when I opened them again, he was looking at me.

Niall: You good?

Stella: Yeah, but do you think we can go out for dinner tomorrow instead?

Niall: I’m not sure there’s any restaurants open.

Stella: I’ll check.

I turned back to my laptop and started googling after restaurants that would be open and there were actually a lot of them.

Stella: We can take them down to Savoy?

Niall: That’s freaking expensive, why not McDonalds?

Stella: fine, something in-between… how about Sushisamba?

Niall: Do we have to do the samba?

Stella: I doubt it.

Niall: Then I’m on.

I nodded and we walked back out to Niall’s family. There was about 7 of them, his mum, dad, stepdad, brother, brother’s wife and 2 cousins.

Niall: Ey, we’re going to a restaurant to have dinner tomorrow.

Niall’s POV.

Mum: Why can’t we have it here?

Niall: Because mum, Stella doesn’t want you guys in her flat.

Stella: That’s not true!

Niall: I’m kidding, she doesn’t want to do the dishes.

Stella: Again, not true…

Mum: alright, well a restaurant can be nice!

Dad: Yes, but no I think it’s time for us to get to the hotel.

Niall: You’re sleeping at a hotel?

Mum: Yes, not far from here.

Niall: Great, so I don’t have to give you guys my room!